Cloudier ....


24th March 2020 (Tuesday)     06.00 ....  It’s cloudier this morning but not
Elie Bay at 05.50.
very cold;   having said that it is early so there is very little wind  which will freshen as the sun gets going.    I am  going to the beach in few minutes (after my first cuppa of the day) to watch the sunrise:  actually it’s one of those mornings when sunrise might place behind clouds..... but I’ll enjoy the fresh ‘Centre of the Universe’ air even if I don’t see the sun coming up over the horizon.


08.00     The beach was quiet on what is a nice, but cloudier, morning .... at least it’s dry and not very cold.   I went up to Elie (in the car) to get the paper, milk and rolls and even Elie was quiet.    That was at 06.15 right enough.    We are allowed to go for essentials so it’s not yet a complete ‘lockdown’.... though I have no doubt that will happen if the folk (especially in London and the other cities) don’t start obeying the ‘rools’.    I am now ensconced in Ivy for the remainder of the day.   
10.00    It’s not a good day for me working outside just now;  I was hoping it would be warmer.    I did hang out a wee washing but that’s all I’ve done so far.... I switched the kettle ‘on’ five minutes ago I will now have ‘morrrrrrrning coffee’....  of the Owlbert variety.   Not good.   I’m runnin’ oot o’ Coffee bags so it Golden Classic stuff.

Two girls out for their exercise!
11.30     Well I have to say it .... my coffee was cr ... er ...  drinkable but only just drinkable...  and that was after I put a teaspoonful of  sugar in it.   Luckily Myra phoned to say the wasn’t going to Edinburgh for a few days;  ‘her’ boys do not enjoy being leaderless;  so that cheered me up.    We are self isolating but keeping in touch.   ‘M’ (in Otaki New Zealand) lives in a sort of wee cul de sac and the neighbours are going to sit out in their ‘common’ area with chairs two metres apart and have their morning coffee and chat:  of course it’s warm (even in winter time) in Otaki.   ‘M’ thinks that 14c is cold!   The world is coping.   In the meantime I am going to make myself a cuppa!


16.00     The sun broke through about 11.30 and since then we’ve had a bonnie day
The Royal Burgh of Earlsferry shield.... by 'JB'
and I have made use of it by fixing the greenhouse door.   the door got blown off (why the glass didn’t break i don’t know) in the gales we had a few weeks ago and I held it shut with a length of wood.    Anyway that’s another wee job done;  now I can get on with clearing the greenhouse and re-potting my cactus plants.



20.00    My delicate muscles are not liking the new ‘working’ me;  I’ll have a shower before bed tonight to calm them down.   Tomorrow should be an easier day... making a start on gently clearing out the greenhouse.    Tomorrow is not going to be as sunny as today, well this afternoon, was;  in fact the forecast is for KY9 to get light rain in the afternoon.

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is the ‘new plan’ which we all have to adjust to, each in our own way.
20.00    My delicate muscles are not liking the new ‘working’ me;  I’ll have a shower before bed tonight to calm them down.   Tomorrow should be an easier day... making a start on gently clearing out the greenhouse.    Tomorrow is not going to be as sunny as today, well this afternoon, was;  in fact the forecast is for KY9 to get light rain in the afternoon.
The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is the ‘new plan’ which we all have to adjust to, each in our own way.

‘JB’ (my Grandson) has an interest in Heraldry and drew the Royal Burgh of Earlsferry shield for my birthday.   John found a website with the Heraldic description of the ‘Burgh’ shield... something I have never been able to find.    Well done ‘JB’ .... and I am really impressed by this work.... in fact I am jealous.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....