Beautiful morning ....


19th March 2020 (Thursday)      08.30 ....  what a beautiful morning we
'Ivy Cottage' Daffy Down Dillies.
have at the ‘Centre of The Universe’ ..... a near enough cloudless sky after an early touch of frost;  really nice morning for getting a haircut.    We need a lot of this kind of weather to cheer us through the next few weeks/months.   I saw a Queen Bumble Bee (that’s the second one I’ve seen in the past two days .... it probably is the same Queen) passing the window just now.... yes it is a cracker of a day.
I’m going for a haircut... and a wee shopping browse around Leven then I will settle into a controlled routine of ‘self isolating’.... hopefully on the bike.

17.00    My word .... if this weather continues we’ll have to get the sun-cream out:   it has been a cracker o’ a day.   I had my haircut .... and I am glad that is over with.    ‘Kirsty’, the lassie that does my hair, gave me a really short ‘back and sides’ because it will be at least a couple of months (probably three) before I have my next haircut.    Although I call it a ‘short back and sides’ apparently it is the modern style as per football players.   Right enough the top footballers have been sporting ‘short back and sides’ haircuts for a few months now!    I have not to try to ‘tidy my hair up’ myself.... “I (Kirsty) would have to sort out the mess”!    I had been dreading this trip to Leven because it would be busy.... not so:  in fact everyone appeared to be keeping to the ‘two metres apart’ rule.   Apart from hairdressers who can’t do that.   

Late afternoon.
The busiest place was Sainsbury’s:... that’s the place to go if you want to buy a set of shelves by the way:  oh they did have some goods and I got what I wanted (breakfast bars etc) but many of the shelves were bare.   I suppose the panic buyers could now buy the shelves and set up as mini-markets in their garages!   What a world we live in.
Leven High Street was suffering badly from ‘SAD’... even more than it usually does.    I had a cuppa and a sausage roll in Stuart’s and though everyone was cheery you could feel ‘worry’ all around you.

Anyway I have had my haircut, something that has been ‘worrying’ me for the past
.... and again.
couple of days;  now I can settle down into a new routine.


21.30     Tonight I finally cracked ‘Facetime’ on the phone:  I didn’t realise that I had to put the BT Hub secret code into the phone to make the final link ..... anyway I ended up talking to ‘The Troops, Emily John and John in Somerset.  I think it might have been by accident!   

Would you believe it;  the villages are full of people and I have to avoid them!   This is not good.... and I’m thinking that our wee villages will be ‘living’ villages right through until the end of the summer.   It’s going to be a frustrating summer for this boy;  I like talking!   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....