Overcast and damp ....


12th March 2020 (Thursday)     08.00 .. I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and
Elie lighthouse - from the car.
bushy tailed’ this morning in spite of the grey sky and the fact that I didn’t get to the beach at sunrise time as it was spitting rain... and windy;  in fact the wind is forecast to freshen by lunch time.... at the moment it is F6 on Largo Bay.   Right now it’s raining and cold so not a morning for the beach... but sunny spells are mentioned in the forecast.   The ‘Master Plan’ for today is to go for the paper, have morning coffee with ‘the Troops’ then get myself ready for Ian’s Celebration of Life service at 13.00. in Elie kirk.



18.00     The Celebration of Iain’s Life service was ‘beautiful’.... and Elie kirk was near enough full to capacity.... even ‘my’ gallery, and the singing was brilliant.    Obviously it is a sad time for everyone because Iain is no longer physically with us, but he had an active and very interesting life, and, in his own quiet, but colourful, way became part of the lives of all he met.... and in our lives he will forever be.

'Ocean Greatwhite'.
I went home to change then to the Drop in Cafe after Iain’s service;   although quiet it was good to have a cuppa and chat with friends on what has been a ‘different’ kind of day.
The weather has been .... well not very bonnie actually.   Very few sunny spells in between long squally showers so not a day for doing much.   Brenda (who wasn’t supposed to know that Alan had changed the seat on my bike but did) was i/c in ‘arbour ‘ouse this morning.....well she was until Laura came in.    We boys Geoff, Ronnie and Alber’ were very quiet .... most likely because we were Leaderless:  Myra was otherwise engaged learning to play bridge!

Tomorrow is going to be a quieter day, with lighter winds and more sunshine but
The Terrace - Elie.
colder.   I am contemplating having my haircut but if it’s awfie cauld I might just change my mind.... I could manage another week before it looks like I’m growing my own blankets.


19.00     I am really tired tonight but it must be the weather because I haven’t done anything physical today.    Oh .... I did;  I put out the broon bucket.   No wonder I’m tired.

I only took five photos today because when I went out to Woodhaven intending to walk out to the tank blocks nit was spitting rain and I never left the car because there was one of the heavy showers on its way over as you can see from the ‘Ocean Greatwhite’ photo.   I got back and into Ivy just as it hit.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....