Feeling excitable ...



18th March 2020 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... The beach is looking good this
Big drop onto the beach after  a big tide.
morning and I was sorely tempted to go down onto it but getting off it would be hard:  oh... a high tide on a southeast wind last weekend ago left us with three foot drop onto the beach so access (and egress) is easiest along at the Breakwater.   This explains why I haven't been on the beach for the past few days.
We have a lovely morning but the sky is clouding over from the northwest so we might get showers/light rain later.


12.00     I’ve been out for the papers(2) and had morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse with Geoff;   Myra was otherwise engaged.   Geoff was wearing a proper face mask , one of the kind that really do work:  I think we will be doing the ‘self isolating’ seriously from now on:  at the moment the villages are quiet but we suspect they will be busy after this weekend.   When that happens I will go for my morning walk first thing... . then stay within the bound of Ivy, as much as possible for the remainder of the day.... and hope that the weather becomes more ‘biking amenable’ soon.   This is going to be a long term thing of that there is no doubt.


This morning.
15.30    Shona was out for a walk and dropped in to say ‘hello’ today;  but the time is coming soon when she won’t be doing that.... everyone  will be ‘self isolating’.     I hope to get a haircut tomorrow and from this weekend I will be seriously ‘self isolating’.   After Shona went off home (Barnyards) I got to thinking of the enormity of this ‘thing’ we face.  It seems not too bad in our wee villages just now, but when the villages are filled to overflowing with people (and cars) it will be really worrisome.... especially if the virus does hit us.   I felt as if I was going to be in a huge room full of people speaking to each other .... but ignoring me;  a strange and unpleasant feeling.   I suppose that is ‘self isolating’.    At the end of all this we’ll all be like the folks you see everywhere nowadays walking up a street having a conversation with some distant person on an i-phone.   I am glad I have Skype so that I can join them!   After Shona left I watched the 'News' which probably explains the 'negative' thinking!


19.00     We have a bonnie evening though it is cold and the forecast is for the next few days to also be bonnie.... and also cold but less windy.    I night go out on the bike .... if it isn’t too cold.    I’m going to get my haircut tomorrow (12.30) ... and I’ll do a wee shopping when I’m in Leven..... might even have a cuppa in Stuarts before I really
'arbour 'ouse from the car!
settle into my ‘self isolating’ routine.   Orf to make a cuppa.... that’s one thing I am not short of .... tea bags:  not since I started making three mugs o’ tea oot o’ one tea bag.   Only jokin’!... I only get two out of one bag.   I did try three but, what looked like boiling water with milk in it isnae the same as tea.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....