Windy morning .....


3rd June 2019 (Monday) ....  08.00    There is a fresh wind as per forecast,
'Air Force One' .... the Presidential plane.
round about F6 (SW) just now, increasing to F8 before to moderating later in the afternoon.    It’s a good drying day.... but we might catch the edge of the odd shower.
 
President Trump begins his State visit to the UK today:   I know this because I’m watching the BBC News Channel with the Presidential helicopter being manoeuvred into position at Stansted Airport as I type.    Stansted is where ‘Air Force One’ is due to land in the next hour.    The ‘News’ over the next three days will be mostly concerned with this visit.    I must admit that I don’t agree with most of what this President says or does, but he is the President of the USA  and I can understand why he is here.    It should be an interesting three days. 

Earlsferry this afternoon - before the rain.
20.00    We’ve had a bonnie, if rather windy, kind of day;  plenty of fresh air about.    I didn’t go out on the bike because of the wind, but I have been busy boy:   the business began with coffee in the ‘Pavilion’ with the troops.    Kirsty and Myra were shattered after their Pilates Class:  I’m sure Joseph (Pilates) didn’t intend the girls to end up weary, and screaming for a bacon roll, after their gentle exercise.    Actually the girls didn’t have a bacon roll;  but they were probably wanting one.

When I got back to Ivy I watched the ‘news’ then checked the weather.    The BBC News is all about the Presidential visit;   I watched the party arriving at ‘Buck House’;   there’s no doubt about it we Brits do ceremonial the best.   I then decided that I needed to do something more useful, so I started to the kitchen cupboards:  this is a job I do every few years.... when I throw out anything past it’s ‘Best By’ date.     I found one item dated 2014, and a few 2017, but the most were only months out.    All went into the black bag;  which I’ll take to the skip at Pittenweem on Wednesday.

I got fed up of doing the cupboards, so had a cuppa  then went to visit ‘Jimbo’.    He
Elie Lighthouse.
was in fine fettle today;  we were sitting in the front lounge looking over to Kincraig cliffs.... and a corner of ‘The Royal Burgh’.    A lady appeared on the grassy space at the other side of the road, and began throwing a ball to her dog.    This brought Sooper Dawg, and walking him in the Shell Bay woods, into Jim’s mind.    However Jim didn’t get into ‘escape’ mode.   He was happy watching the dog chasing the ball.   I left him sitting quite content watching ‘the world go by’.    I kinda think he would have liked to take ‘SD’ to Shell bay woods.

I drove through a heavy shower .... two heavy showers in fact, on the way home.   It was a slow journey because we were behind a lorry delivering two caravans to Shell Bay Caravan Park.    I was heading for the glass skip at Woodhaven to unload a bag of glass jars etc that Maggie kept for making jam etc.   That’s when I got tangled up with the second heavy shower.
The wind has moderated in the past few hours, and we should have a quieter day tomorrow;  we to have ‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....