Cold wind from the Northeast.


11th June 2019 (Tuesday) .... 07.30     There’s a lot of cloud about, moving
Overcast .... and cold .... morning.
across on a brisk, and cold, north east wind;  not a morning for the beach I’m thinkin’.    I haven’t been further than the front gate though I will have a tour round the villages once the sun breaks through.... and the air warms up a bit.    That said, it is going to be cloudier today than it was yesterday.... therefore fewer sunny spells.


12.00    I went to the’ Pav’ to have coffee with Myra and Geoff;   at this time I was travelling by car.    On leaving the ‘Pav’ I noticed that, although there was still a brisk ENE wind, the air did feel warmer, so I decided to have a light lunch then go up to Balcarres on the bike in the afternoon.    I’ll go to Leven either this evening or tomorrow morning;  it depends on the weather forecast for tomorrow.    The forecast for Thursday does not look  good.

This afternoon .... bonnie but cool.
20.00    Jim was in good form this afternoon, very relaxed and contented in fact.   We chatted, mostly about our National Service days, for half an hour or more.   Eventually one of the other residents came in, looking for somewhere to sit, so I said goodbye to ‘Jimbo’ and went to Sainsbury’s.... met and spoke to Tom (Hunter) for five minutes then did a wee shopping.

 Heather, Hilary and Kyle(?), Sydney’s family from Oregon and Washington State came round to say “cheerio” as they are flying home tomorrow having come over to ‘scatter’ (you don’t scatter ashes as dogs eat them) bury Sydney’s ashes at ‘home’.    It was good meeting them (Hilary and Kyle for the first time), and I can now visit Sydney and Jimmy when I’m out on the bike.

The weather has been bonnie today, though it did turn overcast in the afternoon so I
Ferry Wynd.
didn’t go up to Balcarres..... I wanted to get a few more ‘sunny’ photographs of different parts of the estate.    I’ll get those on some of the sunny days that are coming our way ..... soon.

I haven’t done very much physical work today, but it has been enjoyable, even though not productive;   because I enjoy company ....and speaking to folks.  That said;   I’d better do some work tomorrow ..... although, according to the latest the latest weather  forecast, we could have some light rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....