Hmmmmm .... cool breeze off the North Sea



28th June 2019 (Friday)     08.00 ..... the sky is overcast just now but the
Finial suitable for the Royal Burgh.
sun should burn the cloud off later;    it is forecast to be warm away from the east coast.    We’ve got that, (what seems perpetual) brisk, cool breeze off the North Sea:   having said that, the wind is predicted to veer to the South by tomorrow morning, giving us a really cosy Saturday.   
I haven’t been out  yet.... well no further that the gate .... the plan is to have the flagpole up and a flag flying, before I go ‘out to play’.

12.00    My watching Foyle’s War until midnight is going to have to stop:  I’m useless the next day.    All I have done today is check the gilding, do three Soduko’s, and fall asleep in the Hutte.    Normally I’m in bed by 22.00 and asleep by 22.30;  I have never been a late night person.    I’ll be early in bed tonight that’s for sure.    Tomorrow is the local Kirk ‘Walk and Feast’;  that’s coffee/tea in Colinsburgh Town Hall, followed by a walk through Balcarres Estate, then food (lunch);  all organised by the Outreach Committee of the local kirk.    You don’t have to go to the kirk to do the eating, or the walk, you don’t even have to do the walking,  everyone is welcome to enjoy a ramble through the estate.... or have a chat over a cuppa.     It starts with coffee/tea in Colinsburgh at 10.30. then, those doing the walk bumble their way round the estate, arriving back at Colinsburgh Town Hall for more
Union Flag - Armed Forces Day (Saturday).
eating and chatting.   The weather forecast is good.... sunny and warm/hot, with thundery showers later in the afternoon/evening.



16.30     My word .... it is hot;   even the south east wind is warm;   and I have been useless all afternoon .... having been falling asleep all over the place.   I’ve just woken up after an hour long cat-nap, and, though I feel slightly brighter I certainly won’t be watching Foyle’s War tonight.     The flag pole has yet to be put back up .... it is a wee bit breezy for doing that just now.... the wind should moderate later and I’ll get that job done.   Orf to have a cuppa.


19.00    I enjoyed working in the kitchen;   and enjoyed the finished product (mince and tautties) for dinner... and five cottage pies for the freezer.    So .... at least one  successful mission today.     In fact I’m feeling fairly frisky;   might watch Foyle’s War after all.
We have a lovely evening;   I might go out .... oops .... I think the flagpole will be back
The Ferry High Street - late evening.
in place tonight after all.   



22.00     The flagpole is back in situ, with Union Flag flying for ‘Armed Forces Day’ tomorrow.    This has not been a great day for me;  spent most of it falling asleep.   However I did brighten up towards the end of the day, and I’m having an early night in bed.   I’m hoping to be fit for the ‘Walk and Feast’ tomorrow.    I will have a quick mug of ‘orlicks then into bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....