Cracker o' a mornin' ....


27th June 2019 (Thursday)       09.00 .... it’s an absolute cracker of a
'The Ferry' High Street.
morning.... sunny and warm, and probably hot later.    I’ve been out on the bike, now I’m going to Leven to have my haircut.    Slight ‘flap on’ now;  got to have a quick cuppa.



11.00     I’ve been to Leven but the hairdresser was too busy;   and I was too early to visit Jim, so I handed  in some clothes to the Charity Shop, bought 3 books and was back home just after 10.00.    Jings  ..... I didn’t think:  I could have had morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse.    As it is I am having one of my own ‘Especial Finest’.... and it is not pleasant.    However this is a perfect day for finishing the flagpole and getting it back in place;  its Armed Forces Day on Saturday.
I’ve been down to the harbour (again) to see Derek in action, painting the yellow lines outside the Sailing Club.    I forced myself to take a few more photographs.


Elie - mid morning.
17.00    As I was putting the finishing touches to the flagpole this afternoon, a flash of inspiration crossed my mind ... "his is ‘The Royal Burgh’, and Royal Burghs warrant authentic gold leaf.... not yellow or gold paint”, so I unearthed the gold leaf and did the ball at the top of the finial with... yep gold leaf (23 carat).    The pole should be back in place tomorrow.    Photographs will be taken.


The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was extraordinarily busy today.... I suspect that, with this being the last one before the summer break .... and the fact that strawberry tarts were on the menu...might have had something to do with that.    It was a real enjoyable break with loads of chatter. ... and ...  I actually remembered to take the Rice Crispies (for the food bank) with me!
Janice's poppies. (Uckfield)


22.30     It’s cool out tonight, with a lot of low cloud coming in from the North Sea.... could be cloudy first thing tomorrow morning.    I’m tired tonight;  caused by today’s activities I imagine.... and well ready for bed.      Oh ... England won 3 – 0 .... I think that takes them into the semi finals.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....