Quiet morning ....


15th June 2019 (Saturday) .... 07.00     We have an “mostly overcast with a
Misty morning .... but nice.
moderate breeze from the East” beginning to the day;  in fact the sun is trying hard to burn the cloud back, so we could have sunny spells in a wee while.     It’s a nice  morning for doing things morning for doing things .... painting flagpoles for instance. 
I should also get out on the bike sometime today.


09.30    The auld villages are looking good.... and it’s a nice day to come and admire them.   I know this because that is what I did an hour ago;  went out on the bike to circumnavigate, and admire, the Centre of the Universe.     The next mission (after breakfast) will be working .... weeding etc.    I don’t think rain/showers are mentioned in the ‘KY9’ forecast for today so I might go out on the bike in the afternoon.


12.30     Myra phoned to remind me that we had a coffee morning in the kirk hall.... so that is where I spent the morning.    Drinking tea and chatting.    Oh and I won one of the raffle prizes .... a box of After Dinner mints.    This was the annual Episcopal Church ‘CM’. ... sometimes known as ‘Brenda’s Coffee Morning’.   

Shower cloud heading our way.
I’m having a ‘lit bite’ lunch before I attack the work ... I might even have ‘50’.  I have been on the go since just before 06.00.... and I do feel drowsy.   Yes I think ‘50’ is called for... my eyelids keep going into sleep mode.


17.00     My eyelids have had a good hours rest and are now flapping like a pair of humming bird wings:  maybe not quite as fast as that, but they’re operational again.     I managed to do a wee bit of weeding then it began to spit rain.... just as I was contemplating going up to Balcarres on the bike.   We’ve had a fairly heavy shower pass over us so Balcarres is off for today.    Before I started typing I browsed through the TV channels and have found what must be the most boring of all programmes ... the Le Mans 24 race.   Right now they have 22hours 11minutes and  48 seconds to go.   I’ll go back onto this channel in
Plagiarised  poppy from Sussex.

 22 hours to see who wins..... maybe.    It isn’t  being broadcast for the whole 24 hours ..... now that would be really boring.


18.00    The showers have disrupted any plan I might have had for going out on the bike in the evening.....though I might go to the beach.    I’m hoping the showers die out overnight.    It has been a ‘no bad’ day but not how it should be coming up to the summer solstice.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....