Start of the 'D-Day' Commemorations ...


5th June 2019 (Wednesday) ..... oh dear, it looks like the sun is never going
Courtesy BBC News.
to be seen again;  we have a wet and windy beginning to the day.... however it is all forecast to clear away later in the morning to give us a ‘light breeze with sunny spells’.

The ‘News’ is following the commemorating the ‘Go’ for the liberation of Europe from Nazism and the beginning of the end of World War II,... 75 years ago on the 5th of June, the day when the  Allies set off, by sea and air;  to land on the Normandy beaches early on the morning of the 6th.... D-Day.    It is a good day  for watching this .... I hope the commemoration isn’t spoiled by too much long winded ‘politician’ hype..... I want to see, and hear the Veterans.

HM The Queen (Courtesy BBC News)

17.30     Well I have to say that the politicians did not spoil the 75 Anniversary D-Day commemoration;  for once they played a subdued role, and did it well.    The whole commemoration service was impressive, concentrating on the folks that really mattered .... the Veterans who took part in the actual landings, the French resistance, and SOE people who worked behind enemy lines to aid the landings.   I took a few photos off the tele (courtesy BBC).

I never did get out on the bike today:  oh the weather did brighten up, in fact we had a few decent sunny spells, but showers were never far away.    It was sprinkling rain when wandered down to the beach during one of the sunny spells.   Tomorrows forecast looks more promising.


19.00     I went to the re-cycling Depot at Pittenweem this morning but found it
The Bass Rock peeping above the mist.
‘Closed’.    The ‘Rools’ on the gate told me that it is ‘Closed’ on Monday, ‘Open’ on Tuesday, then ‘Closed’ again on Wednesday.    Guess where I am going tomorrow morning before morning coffee in Harbour House .... yep .... Pittenweem re-cycling Depot!    I don’t know what else I’m going to do tomorrow;   I suppose it depends on the weather.    I should get out to ‘play’ sometime:  the bike has a fully charged battery.... and so do I;  so bring on the sunny weather!    I think I deserve a cuppa after today’s efforts.   What did I do today?     Oh  I remember  ... I started to print off photos for Nancy but ran out of ink!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....