Windy with blustery showers ....


12th June 2019 (Wednesday) .... 07.00      Hmmmmm ...... we have a brisk,
Woodside Road.....  on a wet day.
cold, north wind, with rain blowing through now and again ..... not a nice morning for being out.    The weather forecast is not great for today, and worse for tomorrow, so it’s inside stuff for the next 24 hours by the look of things. 


09.00     I had a restless night .... so I’m guessing it has been wild all night;   it also means that I’ll be having ‘50’ sometime in the afternoon.    At this moment I don’t have a ‘plan’, but Iain is coming down from Auchnagatt for a passing through stopover on Thursday so I’d better get some food etc organised.    I’ve ventured as far as the front gate and it ain’t warm out there .... it feels more like November than June:   I think I might hibernate ..... for a few days..... until summer arrives.


Empire State building postcard.
17.00     Mmmmm .... I couldn’t start hibernating today;  today was Friendship Lunch day in the kirk hall.... and that brightened up an otherwise wild and dull kind of day.  This was the last Friendship Lunch before the summer(?) break;   the next one being in September.   I was well ready for food, and enjoyed a bowl of mushroom soup followed by salmon rolls.... served by our very own attentive, and extremely lovely waitresses.    
The weather brightened up in the afternoon, though it remained windy, with the occasional rain in it.    I spent a fascinating afternoon browsing a post card collection that Jimmy had collected over the years;  cards from all over the UK .... and the USA.  I photographed a few, but this will be a long job as there are a lot of postcards.



19.00     In spite of the weather I’ve had a satisfying day.... even doing a bit of work to the top of the flag pole:   I cut the top four
Detail on the back of the above postcard.
inches off.... down to healthy wood.     All I have to do now is bore a hole, screw the new top into place, then paint the pole ready for the summer.    That won’t happen tomorrow because rain is forecast.

22.00    ‘Empire State Building’.     Construction, in the Art Deco style of the period, started on the 17th March 1930...  and the building opened on 1st May 1931.   At that time it was the tallest building in the world;  it is now the 26th tallest.   But still the most ‘loved’.   A ‘Standard Pass’ to go to the 86th floor Observatory costs $36.00;   an All Access ticket $460.06.   

My post card must have been bought as a souvenir because it has been unused.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....