Bright and breezy ....


20th June 2019 (Thursday)       07.30  ..... Ferry Road is wet this morning,
Elie High Street this afternoon.
so at least one shower has bumbled its way over us during the night.     Right now we have long sunny spells with a brisk south westerly wind,... which is forecast to freshen later, and not be as warm.    With the temperatures we’ve had recently, it’s hard to believe that tomorrow is the Summer Solstice.... after which it’s all downhill to winter!     Having said that, July, August and September, are normally our best ‘summer weather’ months.... so (hopefully) the best is yet to come.


12.00    I went to Leven and bought the stuff I need.... then visited Jim.     He was quiet at first, but on mentioning ‘National Service’ he switched ‘on’.   Jim was in the RAF so we had a chat about the different kind of planes he worked on.    I began to ‘sign in’ to the care home a week ago, and thought I’d got the hang of it (for the first few months I didn’t realise that I had to sign in)... until today.    Today I discovered there are two
The Ferry High Street this afternoon.
signing in books;  one for visitors, and one for contractors.    Guess who has been signing in as a contractor?    That said there was one contractor who had signed in as a visitor, so I’m not the  only numpty.   At least the numbers would balance.



We have had intermittent shower which has disrupted the work schedule of our hard working gardeners.    This is not good.      There is nothing more depressing than two unhappy gardeners who have been ‘rained orf’.    The intermittent showers are supposed to die off in the afternoon.


18.00     I enjoyed the ‘Drop in Cafe’ this afternoon;   everyone was happy.... as usual I talked too much, but it was a cheerful afternoon.     George was there;  I thought he’d run off with a young lady.... but apparently not.   He’d been along to Ivy but I’d either been sound asleep or off with a youn .... oops out on my bike.

I was unable to do any painting today because of the showers;  however tomorrow is forecast to be ‘bright and breezy with few, if any, showers.    It will be a good day for doing a washing .... and painting.    I’ll go out on the bike early then spend most of the remainder of the day in the cosy confines of Ivy garden.

19.30     The ‘unexplained’ deaths of two people in a house in Elie has now been ‘explained:   apparently it was a case of murder and suicide.    It’s very sad that two lives should end this way.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....