75th Anniversary of D-Day ...


6th June 2019 (Thursday)  .... 09.30    Today is the 75th Anniversary of  the
'Lennon' and Mark look over the bay to The Royal Burgh.
Allied Forces landing on the beaches of Normandy .... D-Day.    The BBC are doing a special ‘News’ from Normandy today, remembering the heroism of those who took part in the invasion:  it will be an exciting, and poignant, for the veterans that’s for sure.
This morning I got up at 04.30 feeling really spritely... looked out and saw that the sky was heavily overcast, so went back to bed.    I eventually got ‘up’ at 06.30.... feeling sluggish.    Obviously going back to bed was not the best of ideas.     Funny thing is .... I’ll probably feel sluggish until I have my coffee at Harbour House.    Must go .... the Pittenweem re-cycling depot is open today!


20.00     This has been a perfect ‘play’ day;  sunny and warm, with hardly any wind.     I took advantage this weather and went out on the bike twice today;  early in the morning  then in the afternoon ....  after I’d done a wee bit of work.   
I went to Pittenweem Re-cycling Depot, as planned, then to ‘the Braes’ to get a few
Kincraig cliffs - Earlsferry .... at midday.
photos.    The sky was interesting at that time, as we had a lot of big clouds building to the Northwest;  they probably meant rain for someone,  well north of us.
At Harbour House someone let it (inadvertently) slip that it is Joyce’s birthday today.   This qualified her for a rendering of ‘Happy Birthday dear Joyce, Happy Birthday to yoooouuuuuuuuuuuu”... from the Harbour House ‘choir’.    Joyce is ... oops .... that auld! 

My run out in the afternoon took me up to Chapel Green again (I’d been there in the morning), then up to Kinneuchar.    Kinneuchar was quiet, but I did meet Nancy, which reminded me that I have some more photos to print off.    By the this time I was
Pittenweem.
beginning to feel tired so I scuttled my way back to Ivy, had a quick cuppa, then ‘50’ in the Hutte.   Going back to bed in the morning did not suit me at all;   I’ve been sluggish all
 day.    I’d have been better to go out on the bike, then have a kip when I got back.

Tomorrow?     The weather is not bad for us in the morning,  according to the forecast, but rain is coming up from the south later.... and Saturday looks like being wet.    I should get out in the morning.... Friday morning i.e.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....