Quiet morrrrrrrrrning ......


23rd June 2019 (Sunday)     10.00 .... It is overcast just now, but the sun is
Elie Bay.
trying hard to break through.... and the forecast is for us to get up to 18c later:  having said that there is a cool breeze from the East.    Could this be the first sign of winter?
I have been round the villages on the bike and everything is where it should be... so... (apart from the odd bit of litter) the Centre of the Universe all good, and looking forward to another busy day.    So am I;  after breakfast.

Eider duck.

19.30     The sky has greyed over in the last our or so,  after what has been a bonnie, warm day.   The forecast is for rain, heavy and thundery to come our way overnight, and through tomorrow..... there is a yellow warning out for Fife:  the rain could be heavy enough to cause flash floods etc.    This explains the sky turning grey;  it’s the weather front moving in.    The Ivy hatches are battened down.... and I have an ironing to do tomorrow when/if the rain does materialise.    It is thundery showers, not prolonged  rain so, as is the way with showers, we might get lucky and they all pass us by. 
   

Most of my afternoon has been spent pottering around the garden, weeding, and doing jobs that need to be done.    The flagpole, though now ready, will have to wait until the rain threat passes.    The sky is heavy to the southwest which suggest the rain isn’t that
Red Admiral - Courtesy Janice (Uckfield)
far off.
My ‘plan’ for tomorrow?    Hmmm .... I’ll have to think about that.    The weather it would seem puts an end to any idea of going out early on the bike;  however I do have loads of things I want to do in the ‘ouse.    I’ve got the ironing that I already mentioned... and I’m thinking of bagging up jackets etc that I no longer use, and taking them to a clothes re-cycling ‘bin’.      A showery day would be good for that kind of job.    I think I’ll find plenty things to do if the weather is naughty.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....