Chapel Green wedding ....


8th June 2019 (Saturday) .... 07.00      so much for the weather forecasters
A 'Ferry Wedding' - at Chapel green.
telling us that we could look forward to a nice wet morning:   here, at the Centre of the Universe it is overcast but dry, and it  looks like it has been thus all night.   The forecast is for ‘light rain and a gentle breeze’, with sunny spells in the afternoon/evening.    Actually I don’t have any idea as to what I want to do now.... all I know is that I got ‘up’ at 06.00 feeling animated.


The Windward Isles (Caribbean group of small islands) main export is bananas, (in fact that is their ‘main everything’ as far as I can make out).   I ate one of them... a banana i.e. not one of the islands...  a few minutes ago, and I have to give them credit;  the bananas are very tasty.     They must grow other stuff?    I’ll have to read up about the Windward isles.    More about them later.


 'Aychouk'... (Alsatian).

15.00    There’s me thinkin’ that this was going to be a dull day;  welll .... the place to be was Chapel Green at midday.... it was anything but dull.    We had a ‘Ferry Wedding’.    I’m talking about a real ‘Royal Burgh’ wedding, with the wedding ceremony taking place on the ‘Green’.    Luckily Eva told me the time of the actual ceremony so I was able to loup onto the bike and be up there at the appropriate time.    I moored the bike next to the Boss’s seat and managed to get myself a few photographs of what is a rare event in the Royal Burgh;   a couple being actually married in the village.   It turns out that it was Mark (Dickson) and his girlfriend (unfortunately I don’t know her name) so it was a real village wedding.   I’m still in a state of excitement.   A couple of musicians, playing in the background and in the lee of the Chapel wall, (flute and guitar) created the perfect atmosphere ....it was exquisite.    During the ceremony the wedding party,  and guests,  sang ‘Wild Mountain Thyme’... accompanied by the musicians.... and that was magic.   Luckily the rain that had threatened to spoil everything moved away and most of the time it was ‘fair’, after a short spell of  very light rain.    “Congratulations” to Mr and Mrs Dickson....

May the best ye’ve ever seen
Be the worst ye ever see,
May a moose ne’er leave yer girnal
Wi’ a tear drap in his e’e.
May ye aye keep hale and he’rty
Till ye’re auld enough tae dee
May ye aye be juist as happy
As I wish ye aye tae be.

I’m a happy bunny.   Now I need a cuppa, then I’ll sort some photographs out for the Hutte.  


18.30    The Chapel Green wedding was lucky with the weather;  we’ve had fairly consistent... and steady rain on and off throughout the afternoon, and that arrived after the wedding party and guests were inside.   Right now it is fair, and we’re having a ‘sunny spell’.    Sunny spells were mentioned for the evening.


Tomorrow is going to be a bit of an anti climax after today’s excitement at Chapel
Our newly weds -  Mr and Mrs Dickson.
Green.   There is the photograph display in the Kinneuchar kirk hall in the afternoon.... and there’s tea/coffee in the other hall.    They have two ‘halls’ in the kirk.    It’s a Communion Service at Kinneuchar tomorrow;  that’s at 11.00.    I’m not sure when the photos display is ‘open’... most likely in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....