Bright and breezy ....


9th June 2019 (Sunday) .....  09.00    I’ve been round the villages, and
Bright and breezy morning.
everything is where it should be ..... more or less.   We have a bonnie, ‘sunny spells’ start to the day, but there is a cool breeze from the southwest:   that said it should become warmer once the sun gets going, and....  showers/rain aren't  mentioned in today’s weather forecast.    I don’t suppose we can expect today to be as exciting as yesterday was:  it’s not every day we have a wedding on Chapel Green.... but we do have the  photo exhibition in  Kinneuchar kirk;  with tea/coffee.   There’s the service at 11.00 but I've a funny feeling I'll be sound asleep by then .... having poodled around since 05.30. I'm feeling tired now.



12.00     My word .... I feel ‘frightfully frisky’ having had a good kip.    I’m ready to rock ‘n’ roll again;  but I’m starvin’.    I need food.    The plan is to bike up to Balcarres, and to  take in the Kinneuchar exhibition on the way home.    Oh .... before I fell asleep I managed to do a washing, which is now on the line on what is a perfect drying day.     Must go ‘slight flap on’ now.... food!

Balcarres Mains Farm cottages.
20.00     For a change of route, and scenery I decided go onto Balcarres Estate at the Balmakin cross roads junction;  that took me down into the den, and up the other side to Balcarres Mains farm.   I was surprised to find this road  was reasonably comfortable to bike on;  the last time I did it heavy rain had washed much of the top surface away and I had to walk parts  of it.     That would be more than a year ago.   I really enjoyed Balcarres Estate  .... it was green and peaceful.     However I didn’t linger too long;   I was in need of a cuppa, so I made my way to Kinneuchar kirk.
The photograph exhibition had some bonnie pictures of Kinneuchar;  the ones of the village in winter were my favourites.    Ron and Jean Forgan’s  old photos of the village were attracting a lot of interest.... old photos always do.   Although the photographs were interesting, what I really needed was a cuppa.    I’d finished the last
Balcarres Estate.
of my water bottle up on the estate and was in needed of liquid .... and a ‘goodie’.    I relaxed with a coffee and had a chat with Ken.... during which time I ate a couple of ‘goodies’.    Feeling refreshed I went to the body of the kirk to take a couple of pictures then set of home.    I’d reached the curling pond when I remembered that I’d forgotten to pay for my tea, and had to go back.    All in all I cycled/scuttled 15.72 kilometres (9.75 miles) effortlessly.... on just over 40% of a full battery.    Very pleased.... and contented.


Tomorrow looks like being another nice day;   ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’. ....  yep .... I could cope with sunny intervals.    I might get out early again.    Mind you I must do some ‘work’ .... but not too much.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....