Bright and breezy ...


10th June 2019 (Monday) ..... 07.30    we had a bonnie pre sunrise sky this
Fair weather clouds.
morning but even I am not getting up at 03.45 to get a photo;  but I did consider it.   We have a bonnie after sunrise sky now.... almost wall to wall ‘bloo’ sky, with a light, but cool, breeze.... and the forecast is good for the whole day, and warm out of the wind.    I haven’t been anywhere apart from Ivy garden so far;   the latest ‘action plan’ is to work first, then play later.   (I cannot imagine that plan lasting long).   


10.00    Hmmmmm  .... this new action plan is not my best.   I’ve been working non- stop for a whole hour;  in that time  I have taken down the flagpole so that I can repair the top of it, done some  pruning (that happened because I came across the pruning shears when looking for a Stanley knife).... and demolished a huge cardboard box (that’s what I needed the Stanley knife for).    After all that I feel a weakness coming on .... so I’m making a cuppa.     I wonder if Harbour ‘ouse is open today?    I’m going to the re-cycle place at Woodhaven so I’ll check then... and buy a paper etc.
We have some big clouds blundering their way in from the north - east (by the look of it) .... showers haven’t been mentioned in the forecast.
Bonnie .... but with a cold easterly breeze.

14.30    The urge to ‘work’ continues unabated.   ‘Working’ is actually quite interesting.    It’s like browsing books:  I set off to do one job, find something that diverts me onto another, and so on.    So far I have started 4 different ‘jobs’;  tomorrow I must make an effort to finish one of those;   that will be the flag-pole repair.   At the moment it is the most interesting and challenging one.    I’m typing this while having a coffee break.   That reminds me .... the girls, Kirstie and Myra, go to the ‘Pav’ on a Monday;  I must remember that.    My coffee is ‘foul’ but I need a caffeine kick.   

20.00     Jings ... we have a cold wind off the sea this evening.    I went out on the bike, meaning to do a tour of the villages, but by the time I’d done Chapel Green that was it.    I was glad to get back into Ivy and get the kettle on.

I enjoyed my ‘working’ day:   didn’t complete any jobs but a few are underway.    Of
Evening sunlit Elie.
course I had a few tea breaks in the Hutte.    During one of the breaks a bee flew in and got caught in a spider’s web (a spider’s web in The Hutte?).... and the spider (a big one) came out to collect this fresh snack.   She danced around the bee trying to bite it but the bee was not going to give in easily.... it was retaliating by trying  to sting the spider.    They kept this up for at least a minute, the spider on her toes trying to bite, the bee on its back trying to sting.    Then the bee got onto its feet... and I thought oh... the spider must have nipped it, but  no... the spider came back on the attack, the bee ‘boxed’ it off, then flipped on its side and must have stung the spider, because she quickly backed off and then walked/hirpled back into her ‘nest’.   The bee?     It took off .... and flew straight out the Hutte.


If the weather is fine again tomorrow, and it is forecast to be not bad, I will continue with sorting the top of the flag pole.     

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....