Summer Solstice .....


21st June 2019 (Friday) .... 06.00     We have a cracker of a morning at the
Sunrise over Elie and Earlsferry.

Centre of the Universe.... and .... yes I did get out to see the Solstice sunrise over the villages.     I wasn’t the only one out at that time;   a lassie was out on her bike, though I don’t know where she witnessed the sunrise event.   It wasn’t a spectacular sunrise, but it was braw being at Chapel Green to see it.   I ought to have made a flask of coffee.... but was too eager to get out that I didn’t think of coffee.    I will be having a catnap later that’s for sure.   Right now it’s breakfast time.   Enjoy Midsummer’s Day.... it looks like being a good yin.

09.00     The sun burned off the earlier clouds and we now have a braw summer’s day, as per forecast.    There’s a good  breeze so a good drying day for both washing and painting.    I went back to bed after my early start so I’m feeling ‘frightfully frisky’..... playful even!  
 
Early sunlit Earlsferry.

13.00    My word .... I have been a busy boy, painting, washing floors and other tedious tasks;  now I feel that my early morning has caught up with me.    I know longer feel ‘frightfully frisky’ .... having worked the friskiness out of me.    I need to have a ‘powernap’.... a long one.   Cuppa required then I’ll hit the hay for an hour or two.


14.30    I ‘power-napped’ for about an hour, and am back to a dangerous level of ‘frightfully frisky'.     No doubt that will wear off quickly.   Mind you it was hard trying to drop off.... Ferry Road is busier than Union Street (Aberdeen) just now.   I will be glad to see Margaret Dunsire’s wee cottage revamp finished.   Must ‘go’ .... got a slight flap on;  have some work to do before going out on the bike.

21.00     It has been a beautiful day:  I ended it by going to Chapel Green  to unwind,
Lovely evening for a walk along the beach.
after a busy day.    I’ve done all the things I wanted to do.... so I am well satisfied, .... but tired:   tomorrow will most likely have to be a ‘rest day’.    The weather is going to be much like it was today, though not as windy, however the wind is going to back to the East by the end of the day.    I will not be getting up to catch the sunrise tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....