'Walk and Feast' ....


29th June 2019 (Saturday)      09.00 ....  It’s a bonnie morning;
A few of our walkers at the top of the Double Dykes (Balcarres Estate)
   though overcast just now, the sun is beginning to burn off the cloud, so we should have long sunny spells in a wee while.    Rain showers are forecast for the afternoon/evening, but the ‘Walk and Feast’ will be finished by then.    Oh ... I now know why I kept falling asleep for the past couple of days;   I’m choked up with a head cold.     However I feel brighter this morning so I’ll bike up to Colinsburgh for coffee/tea then up to the Deil’s Lodge.   I don’t know if I’ll go back to Colinsburgh for lunch;   I’ll see how I feel.... and how the shower clouds are building.    If they look threatening I might need to scuttle home before the showers.


17.00    The ‘Walk and Feast’ was really enjoyable;   I went around on the bike, and was all over Balcarres, taking short cuts to get in front of the walkers (14) so that I could get a few photographs.    I managed to get a few ... 98 in fact.    It was sunny and warm hot for the duration of the ‘Walk’ .... and the ‘Feast’:   I won’t need any food tonight the ‘Feast’ was just that ... a ‘Feast’.    On my travels around the estate I saw 3 Painted Lady butterflies.... and two Ringlets.   It  was clouding over by the time everything was finished, and we were getting ready to go home but I was back in Ivy
North Lodge (Deil's Lodge)  gates.
long before any showers came our was (16.30).    I checked the garden thermometer at 15.00 and it was reading 26c.    The sky was overcast at the time, and the heat from the land was trapped below the cloud;  it was like being in an oven.    We have had a few flash of lightning and real cracks of  thunder (16.45).... and it’s very close... just over one second away:  that was followed by  short spell of torrential/heavy rain.   This storm is moving East,,,,, by the look of the sky it  could be followed by others.


19.00     The thunder storm has moved away but there’s another one coming through
Interested spectators.
Edinburgh just now and we could catch the edge of that:  it appears to be moving this way.    The thunder will clear the air;   tomorrow is forecast ‘sunny spells with a moderate breeze’.... with the chance of a light shower in the middle part of the day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....