Bright and breezy ....


16th June 2019 (Sunday) ....07.30     It’s bright with a light breeze at the
The Colinsburgh road and Kinneuchar Mill farmhouse.
Centre of the Universe just now .... a bonnie morning.    Light showers are forecast for the afternoon, so I’m going out up to Balcarres in the morrrrrrrning.     Although warmer it’s still not as warm as we should expect 5 days before the Summer Solstice.

I am ‘bery’ clean, and full of energy this morning;  having opened a mystery parcel that the ‘postie’ delivered yesterday, in which I found  a box of Em’s homemade tablet... and a bar of Stocklinch Brewery soap made with beer.   “Thank you troops”, for the cards and succulents, “Granbad” is buzzin’ this Father’s Day morning.   
  

11.30     I have had my exercise for the day;  having biked up to, and pottered around, Balcarres for an hour and a half, travelling a total distance of 20.10 kilometres (12.48 miles) on roughly half a battery.   That makes the big tree at the top of Kilbrackmont well within range;  the only thing against doing that is the state of the Old Coal Road.    I’d have to do it after a spell of dry (and sunny) weather.... i.e. in the
East end of Colinsburgh.
summertime.   The distance  travelled includes Chapel Green.    I need another cuppa now;  followed by a cat-nap.



16.00    Cats aren’t stupid .... they invented cat-napping!    No wonder they (cats) are full of mischief!     I feel alert and full of mischief myself after my hour long rest. 
 

  We have had a couple of light showers his afternoon, but towards the far west of Fife there was a rumble, or two, of thunder .... so we have been lucky.   I have been ‘playing’ with photographs... and contemplating doing some ‘ousework.   Things are wet in the garden now.  However I did go down to the beach to relax on Nana Harley's sea, and  to watch the tide going out it was very summer like .... warm even;  but I could see shower clouds coming over and got back to Ivy just as it started to spit.


19.00    I’ve been watching the USA v Chile (Ladies) playing football;   the USA ladies
Elie Bay this afternoon in  between showers.
would top the Scottish Premier League... they play bonnie fitba’.    I have noticed that  the ladies teams don’t spit as the men do.... nor do they appear to cry and blubber to get a foul.  I hope that coaches don't drag the ladies teams down to men’s level as far as that goes.


Tomorrow is forecast to be windier than it has been today, with  showers (mandatory) in the afternoon.   Oh well .... anything to be done will be done in the morning.    We go to the Pavilion for morning coffee tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....