Hmmmmmmm ....


24th June 2019 (Monday)      09.00 ....  I suppose the best way to describe
Mmmmm .... its a grey kind of morning.
the day so far would be ‘gloomy’:   the sky is heavily overcast with occasional light rain.    We are forecast to have ‘thundery showers with a moderate breeze from the East’.     Right now there’s a thunder storm in the North Sea (off the coast of Yorkshire) rumbling it’s way north, so it looks like being a day for inside work.    Not a drying day.   



10.15    I had a walk to the beach;  looking for some inspiration before I start the ironing.     No matter what the weather the view from the top of the bents always motivates me;  not necessarily to do an ironing though.    However big drops of rain began to fall so I enjoyed the moment, and wandered back to Ivy.   I’m having a cuppa before plugging in the iron.
The thunder storm in the North Sea has petered out, 
The thunder storm in the North Sea has petered out, but there is a new one fizzling up, down in the Borders.   I’ll keep my eye on what is happening there.   Must go I have an iro .... my tea is getting cold!


,,,,, and looking the other way.
13.00    This is my lunch break, and I’m sure you will be pleased to know that the ironing has been moving along smoothly .... albeit with a lot of intermissions.   You will also be pleased to know that the thunder storms to the south of the Firth appear to be spreading out east to west, and very slowly moving north.    They may fizzle out and be superseded by new storms later.   I very much doubt if I’ll get the bike out today.... but I might have another daunder to the beach, when I finish ironing;  now that the sky appears to be brightening up.


15.00    Jings .... I fell fast asleep in front of the computer for about 20 minutes (I’m still doing the ironing – with frequent breaks), and when I woke up the sky was 'black'..   Right enough the air is awfie ‘heavy’.... with the  occasional rumble of thunder, accompanied by heavy rain.    The nearest ‘strike’ (so far) has been in the middle if the Firth to the south of Elie.... they are creeping north, on a broad front, and
Earlsferry House (formerly St Margaret's).
should fizzle away in the evening.    I won’t be going to the beach, but I do need a cuppa.



17.30    That last thunder plout certainly cleared got rid of my thundery headache; and it cleared all the rubbish orf the pavements.   They did say we could get flash floods and we did.    I went out, but didn’t go far because it was still raining, but I did get a few photos of the puddle at St Margarets.   I see bloo sky to the West so we might end the day with a sunny spell!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....