Sunny .... and warm


19th May 2019 (Sunday) .... 08.30     Jings.... while playing with
Elie harbour beach.
photographs on the computer last night I’ve discovered, from the ‘BBC News’, that I missed the Eurovision Song Contest.   Apparently the UK, or, as Steve Levine (Music Producer) a guest on the BBC sofa put it, “England came last”.   That's where the UK normally is ... so nothing new there.  

We have a lovely morning here, ‘cloudy and with good sunny spells’, hardly any wind and dry.  It rains for one day and it feels like it’s rained for a week, one decent sunny spell and its summer.   Yes we have the start of a bonnie day.

Balcarres House.

11.30    It is a bonnie day, and I have been down at the harbour enjoying the sunshine.   I met a lady from Copenhagen who said the we are not alone when it comes to mixed weather.   It was raining when she flew out of Copenhagen yesterday.    I didn’t get back from the harbour until 10.30.    It really is a morning for watching the world go by:  I’ll make myself a picnic lunch and bike up to Chapel Green.


18.00      I’ve had a good afternoon at Balcarres Gardens open day:   having served my time as an Apprentice Painter (1953 – 58 ....  apprenticeships were 5 years in those days) it’s sort of like going home for the afternoon.   I met Ian Taylor, whose parents
The young couple from "Bramble Bank".
worked on the Estate, in the ‘Tea Room’ so we had a walk round together;   reminiscing as we walked.     It’s amazing what drops out of the further corners of the memory when visiting much loved places.    Irene and Andrew were also there, and I also met.... oh no I'm not sure  of their names .... the couple who built “Bramble Bank” in Liberty.   It was a pleasant and relaxing afternoon.... with a good crowd enjoying the chance to have a walk round Balcarres. 



19.30    The sky has clouded over a bit since afternoon, but the forecast for tomorrow is good;   more or less a repeat of today’s.... but there could be more sunny spells.    I’ll have to stay around Ivy in case the delivery van appears with the e-bike.   I hope the bike is delivered tomorrow, because I have to take the car to the garage on Tuesday.   So far I have had no communication from the delivery people.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....