Heavy showers .....


28th May 2019 (Tuesday) .... 09.00   A couple of heavy showers passed over
Evening sunshine on Grange Road Earlsferry.
in the past hour, so everything is wet and the sky doesn’t look promising:  however the rain is due to move off to the southeast leaving us with long sunny spells by midday(ish).    Bring on the sunny spells!    I fancy a coffee .... and not one of my own making.    I wonder where Myra and Geoff are having coffee today?



14.30     You’re not going to believe this, but it is absolute fact (nae ‘fake news’ on the Hutte)..... that the Coalton of Balgonie Post Office has a Fisher and Donaldson Bakery section and it sells their specialty;   Fudge Doughnuts!     Let’s be honest the Coalton Of Balgonie is not the kind of place you visit on a regular basis, it’s more of a ‘pass through on the way to somewhere else’ place;  which it was for me today as passed through it on my way to Leslie Bike shop in Glenrothes.     I spotted the Fisher and Donaldson sign on the way to the Bike Shop, and decided that I’d stop there on the way home.
Fidra Light house.
The ‘Leslie Bike Shop’ was originally in the nearby paper making town of Leslie, but moved to bigger premises in Glenrothes a few years ago.   My reason for going to Glenrothes was because I wanted a mirror for the e-bike , and the easiest way for me to get to the Bike Shop is via the Coalton Of Balgonie.    Anyway I bought a mirror, and had a look at rack bags but they were smaller than I thought they’d be.   OI want one that’s big enough to carry some camera stuff.
By the time I got back to Leven it was lunch time (12.30) so too late to visit Jim... so I did a wee shopping instead, arriving back home at 13.20.

20.00     It was cauld on the hands when I went out on the bike after dinner:   I only
The Bass Rock.
went as far as Chapel Green, though I had planned to go further.    We’ve had a bonnie afternoon and evening;   there’s been some big shower clouds but we missed the actual showers.    They were mostly towards the west of Fife and Edinburgh.    The ‘Sooth Side’ was clear so I got a few photos of the Bass Rock etc.  

Tomorrow is definitely ‘Colinsburgh Lit Bite Lunch’ day;   I know this because Myra left a message on the answer machine.   I plan to be there.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....