Feeling cool ..... (so is the weather)


4th May 2019 (Saturday) .... 07.30    Yessss .... it’s a gorgeous morning,
It's a lovely morning ....
albeit a cold one;  the temperature was 1c on the garden thermometer.   There’s a light northerly breeze... hence the low temperature;  and the wind is forecast to freshen so there will be a noticeable wind chill.   It’s a wrap up day.
We have a ‘Coffee Morning’ in the Kirk Hall this morning;  a good place to have a rest when doing the ‘scarecrows’.    Local coffee mornings are renowned for their friendly chat, and the onward movement of go ... er ‘local news’.    Well worth a visit.   Must go ‘slight flap on’;  the kettle will be boiling.

19.30    The village have been busy, as was expected;  it has been mostly a mix of sunshine and big clouds;  a couple of the clouds gave us some rain but it didn’t last long.    That happened just as I was about to go out on the bike so I cancelled that ‘plan’ and watched the Tour of Yorkshire instead.    I am no use at late nights;  it was
Dave attaching the local WRI Girls to the planet!
midnight when I got off to bed last night.   Today I have been tired, so was glad to actually take a rest.    But today’s Stage of the Yorkshire Tour was hard, and I haven’t had much of a rest!

When I think about it I went to bed at midnight, and got ‘up’ at 05.30 to go to the beach;   no wonder I have been tired.    There was hardly any wind at that time, in fact it was probably the best time of day, because the wind got up to F4... so it was cold.
I went up to Elie in the car after breakfast, stopping to take a few photographs of Dave anchoring the local ‘WRI Girls’ entry, more firmly to the planet.   There was a lot of activity up at the ‘toon centre’ , when I had coffee with Myra and Geoff ;  we were
Local WRI Centenary scarecrow - with President Margaret (Lambie).
later joined by Brenda.   I’d forgotten about the Coffee Morning in the Kirk Hall by this time.  My late night/early morning was beginning to catch up with me so I went  home to have '50' in the Hutte.

I took 78 photographs of the ‘Colinsburgh Girls’ at Monturpie, so I should have a few good ones amongst them.    I’ll select the best and get them on a stick for Frances.    I’m going to have an early night in bed with my book tonight, and bumble around some of the scarecrows tomorrow.   The weather is forecast to be much the same as it was today;  sunny spells with a brisk, cold, wind from the North.

                 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....