Feeling frisky ....


9th May 2019 (Thursday) ....  09.00     We have ‘dry with sunny spells today’
The 3 canvas prints on the wall.
.... a bonnie morning for getting out somewhere;  especially after yesterday’s rain.    I don’t have anything especial on today .... apart from the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.   I have the urge to go up to Balcarres, but  that would be later in the afternoon..... right  now I have just remembered that I need to have breakfast.


19.00    I had some things to do in Leven so that is where I ended up in the morning.    I did some banking stuff, handed in books to the charity shop, and brought books out of the charity shop.... the went to Stuart’s for coffee and a scone, before going to B n’ Q’s to buy some grout for the bathroom tiles.    By the time I’d done all that it was nearing lunch time at the Beach Care Home, therefore too late to visit Jim.


Back at Ivy, I decided to have a light lunch, then, I’d sort out wall space, and hang the three pictures.   This turned out to be a fairly straight forward job, and I am happy with the result.   Another two pictures will finish this wall.    I have a wall in the bedroom that could take at least ten pictures;  this is an ongoing project, with a couple of pictures added every three months or so....  oftener if I’m feeling particularly ‘flush’. 

Fresh sycamore leaves.
It was 14.15 when I finished messing about with pictures, so I went straight along to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ for a much needed cuppa and blether.   I sat beside Lynne and Lady Cater, at the ‘girls’ end of the table, and was shocked to find out that most of the noise in the hall comes from the other end; it’s hard to believe it bit’s the end where the boy’s sit!      It looks like being another nice day tomorrow;  but there will still be the breeze off the north sea keeping things cool.

 There’s a lot of work going on outside just now;   a load of concrete being delivered to
Star of Bethlehem (ornithogalum umbellatum)
what once was Margaret Dunsire’s cottage.    Margaret Dunsire  wouldn’t recognise it now;  it ain’t no cottage.   I wonder what name it will be given.   So far it has had four names that I know of.    Margaret and Chrissie Dunsire went on a world cruise in 1933 and I have an album with some of the photos they took in Australia and New Zealand.   The Royal Burgh is changing rapidly.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....