Elie kirk at sunrise time....


11th May 2019 (Saturday) ....06.30   Sunrise was at 05.06 this morning, but
Elie kirk at 05.06 .... sunrise time.
the actual event was hidden behind low cloud.    I’d gone up to Elie to catch the sunrise around the kirk, so was a bit disappointed as far as that went.    However it is a grand morning for being out, and it was interesting, and surprising, to see how many vans rattle through Elie at that time of morning.    I went down to the harbour for a walk around, then back up to the High Street, where I met Iain waiting for the papers to be delivered.    By this time (05.30) the sun was beginning to appear through the clouds so I took a few more photographs before going up to see how Kinneuchar looked at this time of morning.   It looks like we could have another bonnie day .... and there isn’t much in the way of a breeze so the wind chill is negligible.



The harbour at sunrise time.

22.00    Iain brought his and Jackie’s e-bikes down so that I could have a go on a battery assisted bike:  welll .... it’s like someone has stretched the roads flat, and hills no longer exist.    I was biking, effortlessly, like I used to bike 10 years ago:   the wind blawin’ roond my lugs, has me feeling 40 years younger.  I didn’t , in my wildest dreams, imagine how, being able to move a bike like I used too, would make me feel.   Biking is likely to become enjoyable again .... but I will have to get used to speed .... the e-bike accelerates faster than ‘sooper  buggy’.    Oh .... and taking corners with 20
Main Street - Kinneuchar.
inch wheels is trickier.   The plan is to go out tomorrow for a longer ‘run’.   Longer in distance but shorter, by far, on time.   This evening we went up the Ferry Road, down the Elie Road, and to the harbour and home by The Terrace and South Street.    Yep ‘the boy’ will be buying himself a folding e-bike.   It has to be folding so that I can get it in the car:   I want to bike over the Forth Bridge again.... and the Tay bridge.



In the morning, after Coffee in Harbour House, I up to Kinneuchar and had a wee walk about;  mostly round the kirk.    The weather has been bonnie all day, it was warm in the sun when sheltered from the wind.    Tomorrow is forecast to be much the same as today....sunny and warm out of the wind.   The temperature is forecast to be up in the mid teens by Tuesday.   I won’t have my e-bike by then but I should have either found where I can go to get one, or have ordered one online.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....