Quiet morning ....


1st May 2019 (Wednesday)    07.30   Hmmmm.... it’s a grey, quiet kind of
Georgie Vestey -  professional artist.
 morning;  one of those when everything seems to be waiting for someone to press a ‘Start’ button.   I’ll go out on the bike after this update, but even I feel lethargic.... which is unusual, especially in the morning.   I’m away to circle the Ferry’.... and give my face a dicht with May dew... that might waken me up.


07.45    Welll ... I went out to get the bike, to find that we have light Scotch Mist (heavy May Dew) falling.... so ..  end of the biking ‘plan’.    I’ll take the car up to Elie after breakfast... and bike in the afternoon.   The dampness mist should clear away soon.

Elie.
21.00    The sun did burn off the mist and we’ve had a bonnie day:  though I had a migraine and that curbed my vivacity in the morning.   Oh.... I do like the word ‘vivacity’;   I might use it oftener!    Anyway I took the pills and went for the papers and morning coffee... that brightened me up.... then had ‘50’ in the Hutte.    I felt brighter in the afternoon and did a spot of work in the garden;  slowly.

Late, in what was a bonnie afternoon I fancied a walk down on the beach:  I am so glad that I did so.   Georgie Vestey, the talented young artist from London, had set up her easel near the Cockstail Rocks.   It never ceases to amaze me, how Georgie can transfer what she sees with her eye to the end of the brush and onto the canvas.   I suppose other artists are the same, but Georgie does it with ease; obviously she has worked hard to achieve those skills, and success is well deserved.

Leaving Georgie in peace, (the beach was peaceful), I bumbled my way back to Ivy,
Elie High Street.
where I decided to take the car up to Elie to get a few photographs of the evening light on the kirk, and High Street.... and then home by Balbuthie Loan to see how Kinneuchar was looking.  

I’d noticed heavier clouds in the background when admiring Kinneuchar from one of my parking spots on the Balbuthie road, and I see that we have had a shower of rain in the last half hour;  light showers and sunny spells is the forecast for ‘KY9’ tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....