Bleak morning .......


30th May 2019 (Thursday) .... 08.30    Oh dear we have much wetness this
Ferry Road.
morning;  it’s raining, and  the forecast I watched a few minutes ago was not pretty.   It looks like we’re in for a day of rain.... and tomorrow didn’t look too promising either:  I’d better check my stock of tea-bags.
I haven’t made my mind up as to what I’m going to do:   I have some photographs to print off .... that is a cosy, and tea time consuming, job... one I like doing in the evening.      I’ll have breakfast, go for the papers and morning coffee, then do .... ‘ousework I guess.

13.00     Forget ‘ousework;  I went to Halford’s in Kirkcaldy and bought a bag for the bike ....to carry a repair kit etc.   From Halford's I went to Dysart for morning coffee at
Dysart Harbour with Arthur's Seat in the distance.
The Harbour Master’s House, because it wasn’t raining at Kirkcaldy.    It wasn’t particularly bonnie, but it was dry.    I reached the Checkbar road junction, on the way home, when I drove into rain again.   I should have gone further West, to Dunfermline, the sun was probably shining there.





18.30    My word ..... we have had one wet afternoon, but at least the rain is only sprinkling down now.   Bonnie Scotland is not short of water.   The weather kept the numbers low at the ‘Drop in Cafe this afternoon, but anyone passing the door would have thought the hall was full.    Everyone was happy, drinking tea/coffee, scoffing goodies and chatting .... right through the whole period the ‘cafe’ was open.    It was really enjoyable .... especially on a wet afternoon.

I stopped at the ‘paper shop’ on the way home to pick up the Courier.... and got soaked
Elie this afternoon.
checking the answers to the Christian Aid quiz.    I think I had three wrong answers.... but I’ll check again when it isn’t raining.   The answers are in the ‘paper shop’ window.


At the end of what has been a wet day I am one ‘happy bunny’.   The bag I bought for the bike is perfect for what I want;   with that, and the mirror fitted, I am ready to scuttle around all summer.    That depends on the weather.    Another Atlantic low is forecast to bumble over us tomorrow.... but it could be dry(ish) in the morning.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....