Bright and breezy ....


23rd May 2019 (Thursday) .... 09.00    Wellll  .....  the ‘plan’  for today did
Elie - from Rires Farm.
not include me ‘sleeping in’;  but I did .... and didn’t wake up until 08.00.     “The best laid schemes o’ mice, men and Alberto.... gang aft agley” right enough.   I think all the floundering about with the car MOT the other day must have caught me up... however, I do feel better after a really good night’s sleep, but today’s plan is now three hours behind schedule.    After breakfast I’ll go up to Balcarres on the bike:  it’s a nice morning with long sunny spells... and a brisk westerly wind.


13.00     Over breakfast I had another change of ‘plan’;   I decided to go to Leven and get my haircut (Kirstie works on Thursdays), then I’d visit Jim.   At breakfast, my ‘late’ breakfast time the sky busy with clouds some of which looked like they could give us a shower, and that is why I changed the plan.
Once again Kirstie worked her magic, and I came out feeling happier, and less hairy.    Jim was in good form today, and looking very smart:  he wanted me to take him out for
Kinneuchar Kirk - from |Rires Farm.
a walk on the beach, but I managed to talk him out of that idea.   I put a slipper back on the foot of a lady, who had been poking me in the ribs ....until I got the message that one of her slippers was off.   
I’ll have a ‘lite’ lunch then have ‘50’, before going out on the bike.


18.00   I have had a great day:   in the morning having my haircut then visiting ‘Jimbo’, then .... in the afternoon, biking up to Rires Farm.    The distance travelled to and from Rires was 17.3 kilometres (10.74 miles).   This makes Rires Farm 5.37 miles from Ivy.   I went up to Rires via Colinsburgh and the Double Dykes, and came back by the same road.    I did this using only just over 4 % of the battery.    That is good considering Rires is nearly all uphill as soon as you enter the Estate (Balcarres);   there was also an F5 wind from the west so I had to bike
Balcarres House from the  North-west.
into that.    I never thought that I’d bike all the way up to Rires again;  without the e-bike I couldn’t have done it.   My knee wouldn’t have been able to cope with the pressure.   Yes .... I am impressed, and very happy, with the  Raleigh e-bike.... and ... they’re still Made in Nottingham, England.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....