Sunny and warm ....


14th May 2019 (Tuesday) .... 08.30     Another lovely morning... and it’s
Midday.
going to be warm;   a day for doing things.    I’ve already been ‘doing things’;  I  went down to the harbour to get some ‘reflection’ photographs, unfortunately I’d forgotten it was low tide;  to add insult to injury I then found that I didn’t have a card in the camera.   Luckily I carry a spare card in the camera bag.    The tide is at midday (ish).    I’ve decided to wash the kitchen, bathroom and lobby floors;  by the time that’s done I might have woken up!    I’ll have morning coffee at Chapel Green;  by that time the tide will nearly be in.


Elie kirk tower from The Boss's seat.

17.00    Oh my word;  it has been 22c on the garden thermometer this afternoon.... and I was out there working.  Earlier  I’d spent two hours, at Chapel Green, having morning coffee/light lunch with ‘The Boss’..... and watching the world go by.    I’m thinkin’ that watching the world go by could be an interesting hobby, because the ‘Green’ was busy with visitors, and people doing the Coastal Walk.
Since I got back to Ivy I have had to rescue 17 bees;   I don’t know where they come from, and  what’s attracting them, but the hot afternoon has brought them out.   At first I thought they were Masonry bees, but they are too big, so I think they are just straight forward ‘bees’.   I don’t know if anyone keeps bees nearby now:   Davie Dunsire did, but he died more than 20 years ago.
George arrived, on his bike, in mid afternoon so we had a cuppa and a blether .... in the Hutte.   It was cosy!.... being 30c when we first went in.

18.30      The day is ending with a cracker of an evening;   I might even go out to the
A 'kit' of racing pigeons on a training toss.
garden and remove a few weeds.    The ‘broon bucket’ is half full and it doesn’t go out for another 10 days.   I do take stuff along to the re-cycling place at Pittenweem, so I’m not totally reliant on the ‘bb’.


We’re forecast to have another cracker of a day tomorrow;  but not quite as hot as it was today.    |The only problem with this hot weather is that the pollen levels are higher;  not good for those with a hay fever problem.    I suppose the UV (ultra violet) and pollution levels will also be higher.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....