Bonnie, fresh morning .....


22nd May 2019 (Wednesday) .... 10.00   We have a gorgeous morning,
Earlsferry town hall spire.
mostly long sunny spells with the occasional cloud hiding the sun for short ones;  spells i.e.    I’ve had an enjoyable bumble ... no this bike doesn’t do ‘bumble’ .... it frolics;  so we frolicked round the villages, from Chapel Green to the harbour stopping at points in between;  actually there’s chilly feel to the air.... fresh might be a better word.     The villages are looking good .... and ready for a busy holiday weekend.



12.00     The weather has turned ‘iffy’, with spits and spots of rain now and again;  it’s not raining but it is threatening to.   I charged up the bike battery planning to bike up to Colinsburgh/Balcarres but that has been put on ‘hold’;  if it continues ‘spitting and spotting’ I’ll go to Leven to get my haircut, and do a shopping for the weekend.    The Colinsburgh ‘Lite Lunch’ is next Wednesday..... not today as I’d hoped.   Now I have to go and find something to eat.


Magpie - on Chapel green.
17.00     I couldn’t make my mind up about which way the weather was going to go so I ended up going to Leven to do the shopping;  that was about 15.30.   By the time I’d finished the shopping it was to late to visit Jim.   I should have done the visiting first.     We’ve had spits and spots of rain on and off all afternoon so getting the shopping done was the right move:   I’ll get up, and go out on the bike early tomorrow:  the forecast is good .... ‘sunny spells with a light breeze’ and fewer, if any, light showers.

22.00    A huge “Thank You” to Myra, who invited Geoff and me up for dinner this evening;  a belated celebration for Jim’s birthday ....and, oh my word, it, dinner, was a gastronomic delight.   Lamb shank with all the trimmings, followed by fruit salad and cream;   absolutely scrumptious.    I won’t need to eat for a couple of days.    Either
Elie Harbour.
that or do a load of biking:  even with the e-bike I have to pedal, but there’s no pressure on the knee’s, so I do burn off calories.     I’m biking like I did 20 years ago..... and enjoying it.


There’s nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow... apart from go up to Balcarres on the bike if the weather is suitable.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....