Jim's party....


15th May 2019 (Wednesday) ....  08.30     Once again we have a sunny and
Jim's birthday party.
warm morning.... and it’s forecast to be ‘hot’ in the afternoon.    I have a busy day ahead... working stuff in the morning, followed by Jim’s Birthday Party in the afternoon.    By ‘working stuff’ I mean paper work mostly.  Last night (evening actually) I did a lot of work in the garden;   the ‘bb’ is now full.... and the steps up to ‘The Hutte’ clear.
I’d better go and get myself organised;  the Waid Academy bus has just gone down Ferry Road.... it’s later than I thought it was!    Slight ‘flap on’ now.

19.00    I’ve had an easy day, albeit a busy one;  but I have managed to attend to all the things I had to, and be at the places I needed to be.    Jim was in great form at his birthday party.   The   Leven Care Home staff had done a brilliant job of organising the party, with sausage rolls, sandwiches, cake, tea and coffee, all set out in a ‘Quiet Lounge’.    It’s sad to see Jim in there but I’m happy knowing he’s in a safe place... and well cared for.  

Evening time.
We went back to Myra’s for a cuppa.... only it wasn’t going to be a just a cuppa, Myra had intended ‘dinner’.    However, we’d all eaten so much at Leven  that dinner was out of the question for today and that has been rearranged for next week.

In the morning I’d been at the Bank in Leven, and got all my business done there.   All my bank business is under one roof .... in Leven.


21.30    I know why there’s a lot of bees around (and in) Ivy Cottage;  the Rowan tree (sometimes Mountain Ash) is beginning to blossom, and  bees, and other insects, seem to find it irresistible.    This is surprising because the Rowan tree does not have the
.... Evening time!
kind of fragrance you’d squirt into your armpits.    It’s mingin’.    Obviously the blossom contains a lot of nectar, because there are insects all over the place.    Apparently bees will fly 2.5 miles to collect nectar!

Tomorrow  morning I’m taking the car to Leven for its annual MOT.... always a slightly stressful ‘date’.   I’ll take it through the car wash.... got to have it looking its best.   That’ll take care of the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....