Scarecrows ......


5th May 2019 (Sunday) .... 07.30    I went for a walk round the ‘Royal
Who says there's nae parkin' in 'The Ferry'?
Burgh’ at 06.00:   it was quiet with only myself and the workers on the golf course on the move.   The weather is much as it was yesterday;  sunny spells, with a cold breeze from the north.    I might get the bike out after breakfast and go for a browse round the ‘scarecrows’.   The sky has clouded over in the last hour or so,... but the sun should burn some of that back.




11.00    I have a ‘plan’.   Well .... it’s sort of a plan.    I’ve made myself a picnic lunch, with flask o coffee etc.    The plan is to take a few more scarecrow photos, then bumble up to Balcarres Estate and have my picnic somewhere among trees;  probably in the Den.    I did think of going to the kirk .... that was after I saw Myra going down Ferry Road, but by that time it was too late for me to make myself look presentable.     I’ll work up an appetite with the camera, then enjoy Balcarres.


'Nessie' .... a monster worm!
15.30    Well.... I’m back in Ivy after driving around Elie taking some more scarecrows, and having a picnic lunch on Balcarres;  I feel relaxed.    In fact I am very relaxed .... watching the Yorkshire Tour as I type.   The picnic lunch was easy to organise:  Elie School had a stall on Toll Green selling filled rolls and home baking, so I bought my lunch there.    The sandwiches that I made will be my ‘dinner’ tonight.    I still have one or two scarecrows to photograph, but I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning so they might be missed. 

The countryside is beginning to look spectacular now, with many different shades of
Balcarres woodland walk.
fresh greens.   The Woodland walk at the bottom of Balcarres Crag is colourful, and will look really bonnie by the 19th May, when Balcarres Gardens are ‘open’ as part of the Scotland’s Garden’s Scheme.
Having driven over the top of Balcarres, I eventually had my picnic sitting beside the Den Burn, having moored the car at Robin Gray's.


Both villages are busy with scarecrow seeking families enjoy a pleasant afternoon;  it isn’t as windy as it was yesterday.

18.30    Oh my word .... I am shattered.    The last Stage of the Yorkshire Tour was exciting, but awfie hard work.   Yorkshire is a scenic place and camera work from the air was fantastic.
As I said earlier I have the Dentist tomorrow morning;  I will have a walk out on the East pier if the weather is agreeable;  i.e. if it isn’t too windy.... the forecast is for it to be much the same as today.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....