Monturpie ....


2nd May 2019 (Thursday) .....  07.30   At the moment it looks like we’re in
Elie harbour beach.
for a day of light rain;  the sky is heavily overcast, and ... yes it is raining.     We could get a few sunny spells later in the day, as the rain moves away, slowly, to the north.... and ... there’s the ‘Drop in Cafe’, that will brighten up the afternoon;  if I don’t get diverted and forget that it’s ‘Thursday’.


19.00    I’ve had a brilliant day:  yes the weather left much to be desired, but the rain relented, for short spells, now and again, so I was able to get out.....in the car.    I went for morning coffee at Harbour House, then down to the harbour before lunch time, and along to the Drop in Cafe in the afternoon. 

Elie harbour.
The original ‘plan’ this morning was to go to West Port Printers in St Andrews to organise having two of my photographs printed on canvas.   I then remembered that, when browsing print places a few months ago;   that I’d found one that was doing an introductory offer.... ‘My Picture’ is the name of this site.     Anyway the offer  was still ‘on’, and was too good to refuse so I have ordered three canvas ‘box prints’;  including the same one as Monica and Alistair.    We’ll be able to compare.    There isn’t the ‘personal’ touch but the site comes highly recommended, but I haven’t a clue how long it will take for the pictures to arrive.    That was my morning’s work.

When I left the ‘Cafe’ it was raining heavily so I decided to go to Monturpie to reconnoitre where I am going to be taking photographs of my Colinsburgh WRI girls
Elie.
tomorrow evening.   What a pleasant surprise I had when the waitress took me into the conservatory:  Janis, May and Kathleen, along with another six or so girls that I didn’t know, were relaxing after lunch: and I’d left the camera in the car!    I had a coffee beside the waitress, then went through to say cheerio to Janis and friends:  and came away with a big ‘doggie bag’.   I’m spoiled!

The conservatory should be ideal for light as long as we have space for the girls to get together for a group photograph.   The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘sunny intervals’ with a moderate breeze, so I won’t have to use the flash;  I much prefer natural light.

At the moment it is still raining, but less heavily than it was;  the rain is supposed to clear overnight, so we should wake up to a brighter morning.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....