06.55 ... and a lady goes in for a swim


7th May 2019 (Tuesday)   .....08.00    it’s a bit nippy on the lugs, but a bonnie
06.55!
mornin’ nonetheless:  long ‘sunny spells’ with a light breeze from the NE.... a nice morning for enjoying Elie and Earlsferry beach.    And the Firth of Forth if you are really brave!    There’s me, falling apart on ‘John and Jenny’s’ seat, thinking of a hot mug of coffee, when, in the corner of my eye, I see a robed figure walking across the beach;  I think to myself “there’s someone on a mission!”    Well, the ‘figure’ casts off a robe and becomes a lady who looks like she’s going in for a swim.   My dream mug of coffee turns cold ... rapidly:  the lady does go in for a swim.    i.e. not the paddle up tae the ankles stuff.... a proper swim.....the perfect way, for a brave lady, or any brave person, to start a day in Elie and Earlsferry.    ‘You’ certainly woke me up.... and brought life into the photo!



Williamsburgh from the East End of the Ferry High Street.
15.30    This has been a rest day for me:  I did go to Leven in the morning, to visit Jim, and do a shopping, but since the ...... I have done .... welll not very much.    Jim was in excellent form, chatting away happily.... and.... he scoffed his Portugese custard tart  (I’d bought 3 of them at Lidl’s) long before Myra arrived.   The ‘plan’ was to have them with our coffee.   We ended up having the coffee on it’s own .... watching Jim eat his tart was too much for me;   I ate mine.    That left one for Myra and she was going out for lunch so passed it on to one of the other Residents.


Och .... I’m going down to the harbour for a run in the car before I have an afternoon ‘shot’ of caffeine.    I had planned to take some up to date photographs of Colinsburgh but fell asleep in the Hutte.   I won’t be doing that for a couple of days now if the
... the Harbour.
weather forecast, that I’ve just seen on the tele, materializes.


19.00    There wasn’t much happening at the harbour, and, by the time I left it was speckled with raindrops.   It looks like the forecast for the next couple of days:  i.e. spells of rain with a wind off the North Sea (Easterly) .... therefore cold.   I’ll start my Colinsburgh 2019 Presentation.

I found a note stuck in the letter box from UPS informing me that they had been with my delivery but I wasn’t in.   I was ‘in’:  in the Hutte ..... sound asleep unfortunately.    From what I can make out of the note they will be back tomorrow.    Funny thing is that I never got any notification from the ‘Sender’ to say that the parcel had been sent.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....