Crackin' mornin' ....


10th May 2019 (Friday)       06.30    What a cracker of a start to the day:
"Good Morning" from sunny Earlsferry.
  I’ve been to the beach to watch the sunrise, which event was at 05.08.... though it doesn’t rise above the village (viewed from the beach) for about another five minutes.   It was a bonnie time to be up and about.... the best time of day because you can hear the sounds of the planet.   Now I need to have breakfast, .... and a much needed cuppa.

20.30   The cracking star to the day, lasted the whole day;  and it has been not only sunny, but warmer too.   Funnily enough I didn’t do very much today.   Oh I went for the paper, and coffee in Harbour House,..... then up to Colinsburgh to put fuel in the car.   Elie has a sink hole;   a proper, metre sized cube shaped hole has appeared in Geoff’s lawn.    Actually this is the second one to appear;  the first one, in Geoff’s driveway, appeared a few months ago and is now covered by a solid steel plate.   Both sink holes are awaiting someone to claim them.   The road is subsiding too.   Scottish Water came and had a look, but decided that it was not their problem, and there the sink holes rest.    Two, extremely worrying, problems (three when you count the road);   the source of which needs to be found .... and remedied.   Hopefully no more appear.

Chapel Green, Earlsferry just after sunrise.
I ended up having a lazy afternoon;  in fact I fell asleep in the Hutte for half an hour.   Not surprising really .... I was ‘up’ at 04.30 to watch the sunrise.    I did hang the ‘troop’ pictures on another wall, and did some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ and general tidying up when I was finished .... and in the mood.



Tomorrow looks like being another day like today.... sunny spells with a light easterly
Sink hole in Geoff's lawn.
breeze;  and warm(ish) out of the wind.   I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow;   I’ll see how the mood takes me after breakfast.... if it’s a quiet morning I might get the bike out.    Bike.... that reminds me:  Iain is bringing his and Jackie’s battery assisted bikes down tomorrow.   The plan is to bumble around on the e-bike(s) on Sunday so that I can get the hang of it and get one of my own.   I am excited.      Must go .... got a helmet to look out.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....