61st anniversary ....


8th May 2019 (Wednesday) .... 09.00     Lerwick would seem to be the place
Aldershot May 1958.
to be if you want sunshine this morning;  Lerwick, or ‘Sunny Sussex later in the morning.    Us?   Oh we’re having light rain for most of the day, though at least it isn’t windy.... as yet;  and it (the rain) should clear away by tomorrow.

I’m not suggesting that I’m feeling old, but it was 61 years ago today that I arrived at ‘The Home of the British May 1958.Army’, (Aldershot) to begin my two years of National Service in the R.A.S.C.;   happy days.

19.00     A lot of things have happened today:   I remembered the Friendship Lunch... I remembered to go to the dentist .... and, my three photo/pictures arrived.    That all happened after I had also remembered to go for the papers (it’s East Fife Mail day) and have morning coffee with the troops.
   
The three photo canvases.
As ever the Friendship Lunch was superb, nice soup and sandwiches, and of course loads of friendly chat.   George’s friend, Warren from the ‘Mackie Housing’, turned up .... but ... not George.    I had to leave sharp-ish to give me time to go home and clean my teeth, and make myself pretty for the dentist.   By the time I got to Anstruther the rain was in heavy mode ... and being driven by a very frisky easterly wind.   The weather has been like that ever since .... even at the Centre of the Universe.

The dental appointment didn’t take long, and I was back out and in the car within 20 minutes.   That’s the Dentist for another six months.


I am happy with my photo pictures;   all I have to do is hang them.   To do that I have to re-arrange the pictures that are already on the wall I want to use,    My reason for having some photographs printed on canvas is simple:   when I am older, and perhaps less able, I will have a selection of my photos to look at.   They look better as pictures  on a wall, than they do on the computer screen.    In fact my job for tomorrow will be to sort out the hanging space.   I would like to, eventually, have a dozen or so on walls.    The weather forecast is better for tomorrow;   cloudy and windy, but dry mostly.   It could be a good day for pottering around Ivy.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....