Grey sky with'the rainy look' ....


31st May 2019 (Friday) ....  08.30    I’m in Ivy, having my second cuppa,
Quiet kind of morning.
watching the ‘News’ while waiting for the weather forecast to come on.    We have a misty damp morning;   a sky that has the ‘rainy look’ about it.   Oh .... there’s the weather forecast.    Oops ... spells of rain moving over at times during the day....heavy at times.    No wonder the sky has the ‘rainy look’.    It’s a grand morning for visiting ‘Jimbo’;   and doing any shopping that I need.... ‘vital rations’ etc.



09.30     I’ve been down on the beach;  there’s hardly any wind, with brighter bits in the sky towards the south.... though that’s not a good ‘sign’.    A “clear sooth drooned’ the plooman” is one of the old sayings from Buchan.... but we could have a bright spell before that happens.   Right now it’s overcast, dry, and pleasant with a lot of early morning dog walkers out.   Orf to have breakfast.


14.30     ‘Jimbo’ was in good form this morning, being relaxed, with no ambitions to ‘escape’.    We sat in the front lounge for about half an hour, with David, before I remembered that I had ‘Sooper Dawg’ to take out.    I bought a few odds and ends in ‘The Cheap Shop’ then bumbled my way home to attend to ‘SD’.
‘SD’ is a fly auld mutt.    He knows that he gets his lunch after his midday ‘walk’ so his midday walk consists of  daunder down to the bents, where he does his business, then a dash back to the house for grub.    Walking ‘SD’ at midday does not involve much exercise.   That said it was beginning to rain at the time, and I don’t think either of us fancied getting wet.    We’ve had spells of light rain since.... so presumably the serious rain is moving in.    I won’t be biking today.    The rain should begin to peter oot in the afternoon evening time.    Tomorrow’s forecast is more promising.


The Ferry beach.
I’m going to make ‘sausages and mash, with fried ingins, for dinner.... and, because I have six sausages, it will give me two meals to freeze. 
  
 20.30    The rain has moved away, the wind has freshened, and the ground is beginning to dry.    Tomorrow might be a ‘drying day’.... and I might get out and about.     No ‘plan’ for tomorrow as yet... everything depends on what the weather is doing.     The sausages and mash turned out perfectly.... and tastes good.    That reminds me that I have to meals to put into the freezer.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....