Lovely autumn morning ....

30th August 2023 (Wednesday)     07.00 .... It’s one of those quiet autumnal

"Good Morrrrrrrrning".

mornings when even Redshanks are at peace with each other.    I’ve been for the paper (and milk), had a turn down to the harbour and will hang out a washing after this update.   There’s a brisk NW breeze so it’s chilly just now, but will warm up once the sun gets going ....and should be a good drying day:  and its 117 days until Christmas.    



20.00    It has been a good drying day... and a good working day.   I  finished the last of my Kinneuchar Kirk drawings (based on the original sketches by the Rev Sime in 1818 held in the Historic Scotland archive).   The next drawing is going to be of the inside of the three houses at Ferry Corner that were demolished in 1947.   I’ll take tomorrow as a rest day (I’ll visit Alice) then start the Ferry Project.   

Main Street - Kinneuchar.

With it being a bonnie afternoon I biked up to Kinneuchar and began to photo/record all the gravestones in the old part of the cemetery.  I noticed that Stuart Purves’s house (the one with the scaffolding) is being renovated;  it looks like s total make over: The pebble dash has been removed to show the original stone walls.   The way things are going the whole of the East Neuk is going to be rebuilt soon.... apart from Ivy.   I’ll do that when I win the lottery.   What?.... I’ve to buy a lottery ticket?  Too late.   I’ll rebuild Ivy next week.

I’ve had a productive day, and I’m happy that the ‘KP’ drawings are done:  once the writing is done (and that’s the hard bit) it’s going on my ‘blog’.   That reminds me I have some writing to add to my Rires Castle page.   I’m going to have a busy winter!

The moon will be ‘Full’ and  closest to the Earth so will look bigger  tonight and


tomorrow night (Thursday);  actually it will be big tonight but not quite ‘Full’ (99%)’: tomorrow night is ‘the’ night... 100% Full.   Anyway it will be big both nights:  it rises tonight at 20.31 and tomorrow at 20.40.    Unfortunately it’s cloudy! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....