Wall to wall blue sky ....

8th August 2023 (Tuesday)      08.30 .... It’s a gorgeous morning;  in fact it’s


a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky morning..... ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’ is the weather forecast, so clouds must be expected to bubble up later.    I haven’t been out on the bike, having ‘slept in’.   I’m finding out that working with the brain is just as tiring as doing the garden!   The ‘plan’ is to visit Alice and make this a ‘rest day’;  word has reached the Royal’ lugs that Alice has been making fruit slices, but that  didn’t play any part in this decision!  

22.50    Alice’s fruit slices are excellent...they just ‘slide doon’;  and count as one of the ‘five a day’!    We had a restful morning chatting and having a wander round her garden.   The ants were in a state of excitement but it never developed into a full blooded nuptial flight.   We a salad lunch before I set off for Ivy, and my afternoon nap in front of the tele. 


In the early evening I went up to spend a quiet half hour at Chapel Green; ‘The Boss’ was in a good mood!   And so was Jim.  I took a few photos before  bumbling my way home.

Heather Ray and Alistair arrived just a I pit the kettle on to make a cuppa; perfect timing.   Alistair made the coffee and we had an evening catching up with the each others ‘news’.   I am going to have morrrrrning coffee at Beaufort Cottage tomorrow.   The ‘plan’ is to go for the paper (on the bike), have breakfast then do some drawing the go for coffee.

We had a lovely sky at sunset time.... romantic pink I’d call it.   Actually I am well ready


for bed tonight;  this has been a busy ‘rest day’.   Tomorrow will be a quiet ‘rest day’.   The weather forecast is ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’;  a repeat of today’s weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....