Damp ....

1st August 2023 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... I won’t be going out on the bike until


the afternoon;  by that time the, long awaited, ‘brighter spells’ (and light rain showers) should have arrived.   August has started with the same weather that July ended with.... “overcast, wet and cold for this time of year”.    The wind is from the Northeast.   It’s a good drawing or shopping kind o’ mornin’.   For some strange reason, it seems to be a better 'breathing' morning;  but the weather is more or less the same as yesterday when my breathing was definitely 'not good'.

09.30   Sometimes the sky appears to be brightening up, and I contemplate going to the beach;  but the sky thickens in again and we get another spell of heavy drizzle.  I’ll have another cuppa and do some more drawing, then see how the weather is after that.    I need some exercise today.


19.00   The afternoon turned out lovely... sunny and warm.   There was a breeze but not cold (unless you were on the beach).  I had a walk to the beach just as the sky was clearing and got some bonnie sky photos.... and photos of the activity in Williamsburgh.    The old gas mains is corroded and will replaced later; in the meantime they are repairing it where required.

I did some drawing before, and after, lunch then settled down to watch some football.   The women are beginning to act like the men.... spitting and rolling about looking for a foul;  that sort of thing.   Anyway I fell asleep and missed most of it.   I had a cuppa then went out on the bike;  only round The Ferry as the bike battery was low.   That reminds me I must charge it (the battery) tomorrow.

The holiday makers were out, all over the place, enjoying the sun;  everywhere I went I met people enjoying the ‘holiday weather’; afternoon.   Unfortunately it’s going to be damp tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....