Light showers .....

27th August 2023 (Sunday)      07.30 .... That was disappointing: When I first


looked out Ferry Road was dry;  by the time I’d showered and got ready to go on the bike a shower (they are mentioned in the forecast for today) had drifted over.    I’ll have another cuppa because I’m feeling positive .... and it’s only a light shower: Light rain showers, with a light breeze, is the weather forecast for KY9.


10.30    Not only did I go to Elie for the paper;  I actually got the paper!   It’s a quiet kind o’ morning,  but the threat of light showers has been changed to ‘thundery showers’....I’m not liking that.  The sun is trying hard to break through and we should have sunny spells soon;  hopefully the thundery showers will miss us.  The bike battery is being charged in anticipation of a bonnie afternoon/evening.   


15.30    The showers have been annoying;  but I’ve made good progress with the pencils.... and I’m still looking forward to getting out for exercise in the evening.   I came in to have a cuppa and check out where the thunder storms are.  So far we have missed the thunder, only catching bits of the showers: just now thunder storms are active from Yorkshire, down the East coast of England and in the southern part of the North Sea.... so the evening might be dry.   The nearest thunder storms (to us) are around Carlisle.



19.15    Now that the bike has a fully charged battery I’d hoped to go out this evening, but the threat of showers made me change my mind:  I’ll have a decent ‘paper run’ tomorrow morning;  assuming that the showers have moved away and the sun is set at ‘warm’.   ‘Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ is the forecast.

The inclement weather meant that I had a good day with my pencils;  I meant to take a


photograph of the latest drawing but got side tracked.  I’ll do all that tomorrow before I go along to Methil to visit Alice, who is housebound with a sore knee.

Forget yesterday’s comment about Nadine;  I read the resignation letter that she sent to the Prime Minister.   I wonder if she sends Christmas cards?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....