Lovely morning ....

14th August 2023 (Monday)   08.30 .... It’s a bonnie, calm morning;  a good


‘play day’.    I haven’t been out yet but will take a turn up to Chapel Green after breakfast.    ‘Sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’ is the weather forecast;  should be a good drying day, so I have a washing going through the machine. 

10.00   Clouds are starting to appear.... and my washing is on the line.   I’m thinkin’ showers could come our way in the afternoon.   I’ve been up to Chapel Green (on the bike.... and had breakfast.   Now I’m ready for another cuppa before going along to Methil to visit Alice.  We’re going to a Coffee afternoon in the Scoonie Care Home.



19.30   It has been a gorgeous day;  sunny and warm/hot with a light cooling breeze.   I imagine the beach must have been busy.    After a big lunch at Alice’s, I had ‘50’ then we visited the Scoonie Care Home and had coffee/tea with a few of the residents two of them being friends of Alice.  Irene is Izzy’s (Alice’s daughter) mother in law.   Cheryl, one of the carers, had made chocolate cake and it was absolutely ‘light as  a feather’ .... and very very tasty.    Homemade chocolate cake doesn’t have calories.   You didn’t know that?   Welll.... I don’t think they have very many calories!   Just before Alice and I came away Cheryl gave me a container with a piece of the cake and an Angel Cake in it.  Alice go the Angel Cake... as a reward for putting up with me all afternoon!

I arrived back at Ivy about 16.45.... and promptly fell sound asleep for about 45 minutes.  I’ve had sandwiches and chocolate cake for dinner and now ready for a quiet evening in front of the tele.

21.00    I’ve had an enjoyable day in spite of being awfie tired most of the time

Clouds over Balcarres Estate.

(weather).   I couldn't have been very good company for Alice.... she's always happy.  In fact I had a migraine an hour ago so should have a really good sleep tonight;  and be frightfully frisky tomorrow.   I certainly wisnae ‘frightfully frisky’ today!   The bike has a fully charged battery for tomorrow morning;  and the weather forecast is good;  much the same as today with clouds building up after midday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....