Play day ....

28th August 2023 (Monday)     08.00 ....   Although I got up early I didn’t go


out on the bike;  the sky was heavily overcast and sunrise  was still  half an hour away at  06.20.   I’m going to cheer(?) up Alice in the morning and go biking in the late afternoon/evening.    The sky has cleared up since then and we have a lovely ‘play day’ ahead;  sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ being the  forecast for KY9.

 20.30   We sorted out the world today, did Alice and I;  it won’t make any difference but we felt better!   Being housebound because of her sair knee we old good old natter over a cuppa and lunch; hence the world being sorted out.

When I got back to Ivy Put on the kettle then brought in the messages;  just a succulent necessities.   After that I had a short catnap before going out and finishing the latest drawing:  the last one is ready to be finished.   The ‘plan’ is to write the project up, then upload it onto The Hutte.   It will be a while before that happens.

Sightseers over Elie and Earlsferry this afternoon.

21.45    The Edinburgh Military Tattoo was impressive.... the mix of talent from around the world made it entertaining viewing.   The only thing that I didn’t understand was the ‘silent’ National Anthem; perhaps it was \a ‘tribute’ to HM The Queen. 

I took ‘time out and had a run up to Chapel Green in the early evening.... and was surprised at the number of holiday makers out for an evening stroll.  It was a lovely, quiet evening;  a good one for a wander.

‘Light rain showers with a gentle breeze’ is our weather for tomorrow;  the showers most likely in the afternoon.   The bike battery is fully charged so I might have a meander to get the paper first thing in the morning.   I think it’s chocolate time then orf to bed with my book.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....