Feeling playful ....

15th August 2023 (Tuesday)      10.30 .... All was quiet when I went for the


paper this morning;   which reminded me that this is a ‘rest day’.   I picked up the paper, found out that this is Tuesday and  the ‘girls’ are golfing, then came home by way of Elie Estate.   I’ll have morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee at Chapel Green with ‘The Boss;   see if the girls are at the tenth green (I like the cliffs in the background of golf photographs), take a few photographs, then come home for lunch.



16.00  Chapel Green was busy with holiday makers and Coastal Path walkers;  and the girls (golfers) had reached the  tenth green.  There was a bonnie ‘light’ about, I spent a relaxing 45 minutes having coffee and taking a few photos from various viewpoints.   Back at Ivy I had a ‘lite bite’ lunch, followed by a longish catnap.... before going out to The Hutte to ‘work’.


21.00    I’ve been looking at tomorrow’s weather forecast and it looks like it could be another ‘play/work’ day;  more play than work being the ‘plan’....   much the same as today in fact.  I had planned to do some ‘ousework today but managed to find other, more important, things to do.   

This was the last day of the school summer holidays in Scotland;  after a summer wheen the summer weather has been a bit ... well not very summery at times.  I’ll never understand how our summer begins on Midsummer Day;  to my mind summer must have begun six weeks before Midsummer Day.... and  must end six weeks after Midsummer Day.   Anyway...'official Autumn' begins on the 1st of September ....but birds have already begun migrating south.   I’ve come to the conclusion that the ‘nasty pagans’ had the right idea when they worshiped the sun and the seasons.

I was going to moan aboot something but I’ve forgotten what it was; I have no doubt it’ll


come back to me.  In the meantime I’m going to switch the kettle ‘on’; that’s always a good idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....