Nice fresh morning .....

24th August 2023 (Thursday)     08.30 .... the  light rain we had overnight


 has cleared away to give us a bonnie morning, albeit with a cool  Autumn morning air.    ‘Sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’ is today’s weather forecast for KY9.... with the slight chance of a shower in the afternoon; a good ‘drying day’.   It was raining when I first looked out so I haven’t been out on the bike yet; I’ll leave that until the afternoon now.  

21.00    On my way to Alice’s this morning I thought that we’d have a wander to Leven Beach:  two things stopped that happening .... the tide was in and Alice has a sair knee.   We had a cuppa and chatted about knees .... I did my best to cheer her up by talking of knee replacement.   That didn’t seem to work!   No... Alice probably has a sair knee because she was at an afternoon disco with the ‘special needs’ folks that she cared for before she retired.   She still keeps, not only in touch, but still helps them when required.  She is a happy girl is Alice.


Although this has been a bonnie day.... there was something in the air that didn’t agree with my breathing so I never went out on the bike.   I watched the World Championships and did some drawing instead so Thursday has been a busy and happy day for ‘the boy’.

I’ve been taking photographs of Chapel Green since the work on Chapel Green House was finished;  and uploaded some of them onto my FB page.... and the Elie and Earlsferry photos page, bringing ‘mixed’ comments.   What do I think?    Yes I liked the ‘old’ Chapel Green House....but I also like the ‘new ‘Chapel Green House.   Yes, it’s modern and completely ‘different’ from its predecessor....and, unless someone tells me different, it is also unique to the whole of the East Neuk because of the ‘stone’ walls (slate in fact).  

There is no doubt that the East Neuk is changing... and changing at a faster rate than


ever.   Houses don’t bother me to much ....it’s demographic change I worry about.    

Tomorrow is going to be another day of ‘mixed’ weather....‘light rain showers and a gentle breeze’.   I like gentle.   This apparently is a holiday weekend;  so I imagine the road will be busy;  they were today!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....