Lovely fresh Autumn morning ....

26th August 2023 (Saturday)      08.15 .... the first thing I noticed when I


went out this morning  was the  fresh autumnal air;  the air is noticeably cooler, but will warm up once the sun is higher .... although it will  feel cool when exposed to the fresh NE breeze.   ‘Sunny intervals with a fresh breeze, and the chance of light showers’ is the weather forecast.    I love this kind of morning though I didn’t get up early enough to get the best of it (sunrise):  that said I’m feeling bright and breezy so will go out on the bike after breakfast..... only as far as Chapel Green as the battery is low.  I might go for a longer run in the evening.

21.30    Longer run in the evening?..... I never even went for a shorter run.    It certainly wasn’t the weather that kept me off the bike;  it has been a, mostly, bright and sunny day;  I’ve been keeping my eye on the World Championships from Budapest, in between drawing and pottering around Ivy.  The problem is that if the coverage is say three hours.... approximately two of the hours are to suit the ‘sponsors’.   Up until the 1980’s ‘the customer was always right’;  we then embraced American rip off economics and that became the ‘investors are always right’:  now sports coverage has to adapt to what the sponsor wants.   So watching a sports programme can be tricky if, like me, you want to skip the ‘blurb’ and watch the actual athletics.   It’s called ‘entertainment’.   Hey .... I enjoyed that little old unintended moan.   Luckily BBC i-player skips the ‘blurb’ and gives the exciting bits of the different races so I can always see anything I miss.


Nadine Dorries has finally resigned her seat in Parliament.   The general impression I get is;  ‘whoever wins the by-election is bound to be a better MP than Nadine  was’.

I will have another quiet day tomorrow;   but will take the bike up for the paper.  Sunday’s weather is forecast to be much the same as today’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....