Beautiful morning ....

31st August 2023 (Thursday)      07.45 .... The moon did look bigger last night


but it didn’t make that much difference to the actual photograph:  I’d hoped to get it alongside a lum or something but at 01.30 it was high in the sky and I was in my PJ’s.   If the sky is clear tonight I might try again.   The lovely night has turned into a lovely day.... but with more cloud around.

I was about to switch off the shower this morning, when we had a 20 second power cut;  my finger was about 2 inches away from the button!    I thought...”blimey that was quick”... then noticed that the light had gone out too!    I’d just taken that thought on board when the lights came on again:  that’s when I realised we’d had a power cut.

20.30    ‘We’ (the Royal Burgh ‘we’) have been a busy boy today;  the worst ‘job’ was defrosting the freezer.   Defrosting the freezer has never been one of my ‘I like doin’ that’ jobs.... but it needed doing.   It used to be an easy job;  but then all jobs used to be ‘easy’.  Anyway, with the aid of Maggie’s hairdryer the defrosting has been done.   I only found two items that had to be binned;  two packs of four of my own scones (date 1921):  I was surprised by that, as I expected more out of date items.   That was the afternoon job.


In the morning I enjoyed a bit of shopping in Sainsbury’s where I met Tom (Hunter).   In the ‘good old days’, when Sainsbury’s had a cafe upstairs, we would have had coffee and a blether;  we made do with a catch up blether on the way to the Car Park.   From Sainsbury’s I went up to Alice’s for a cuppa and a blether;  I didn’t stay for lunch as ‘defrosting’ was on my mind.... I was in a ‘slight flap on’ state.

I intended going out on the bike in the evening then remembered that the battery was ‘low’:  it’s now being charged up and I should get a decent run tomorrow morning.   The weather forecast is ‘nae bad’....‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’;  much the same as it has been for the past few days.    It is supposed to be warmer at the weekend.


 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....