Feeling frolicsome .....

17th August 2023 (Thursday)    07.30 .... It’s overcast, breezy and warm; but


there’s a strange ‘feel’ to the air.   The forecast is ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’.... with the chance of a light shower in the afternoon; this could be a reasonable drying day.   I’ll have another cuppa before going for the paper.

18.00   I never went for the paper as I had to move the car so that a concrete delivery could be made;  the car was pointing North so I went to Methil to visit Alice.   Just before that happened I’d hung out a washing, and I’m happy to say that we had a good drying day.  
Alice and I had a cuppa before going to Leven to do some shopping.   At the time we were doing this a helicopter was circling around Levenmouth as if searching for something ....or someone.   It passed low over Leven when we were in the Sainsbury’s car park... and was still ‘searching’ when we got back to the ‘Alice HQ’.   We had a cuppa with a Sainsbury Eccles Cake;  the cuppa was excellent;  the Eccles Cake a was not.   The only bit that resembled an Eccles Cake was the filling.   That was our last Sainsbury’s Eccles Cake.


We had homemade soup and a cheese roll for lunch.... with strawberries and ice cream for sweet.   Joyce, Alice’s long time friend, arrived, just after lunch, for a pre arranged visit: I stayed for a wee while before leaving the girls to catch up with each other’s news.  By the time I got back to Ivy the concrete had been delivered and all was quiet on Ferry Road.    I put away the shopping, brought in the washing, made a cuppa;  then  fell sound asleep for an hour.  I am now ready to go oot tae play.

21.00   ‘Drizzle with a fresh breeze’ is our weather forecast for tomorrow; disappointing weather for August.   I’m hoping for a dry morning to go up to  have morning coffee with ‘the Boss’;  it doesn’t seem possible but... tomorrow it will be 14 years since Maggie died.   Much has changed in those14 years;  I’d have enjoyed growing old with Maggie but it wasn’t to be.   I have adapted to my ‘new’ life thanks to support, over the past 14 years, from my family, friend... and ‘The Boss’ (Maggie); in fact I can say that I am enjoying being alive.  I’m looking for ‘sunny spells’ sometime tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....