Autumnal morning .....

25th August 2023 (Friday)      09.00 .... There’s a nice fresh autumnal feel to


the early morning air;  the beginning of what is going to be a nice enough day.... ‘light showers and light winds’ being the weather forecast.

I’m vertical, and I’ve been for the paper and visited the harbour (in the car);  now I’m ready to ‘work’.  As I’m in a drawing mood this is going to be a ‘rest day’.   I had a restless night (too hot) so I expect I’ll have a few catnaps....  and a lot o’ cuppas!


13.30    It’s a nice day with some big old clouds building up;  I’ve been working and haven’t been out on the bike yet, but have taken a couple of photos of the clouds.    I haven’t been firing on all cylinders so far today (after the restless night), so I’m lying low, but might get out on the bike in the evening.   It could be that I’m taking longer to recover from the cold I had a week ago.   I’ll have another cuppa before going out to ‘work’ again.


15.00   The ‘big old clouds’ haven’t produced any thundery rain showers so far; but there is a Yellow Warning for Fife, that became active at 15.00 and ends at 09.00 tomorrow morning.   Thunder storms are active south of Edinburgh just now.

20.30    Although feeling ‘under the weather’ most of the morning I perked up in the afternoon and made a batch of ‘Cottage Pies’ for the freezer.... and worked with the pencils in the Hutte:  so, although the day began slowly it ended with me feeling, not quite 100% , but happy and content, albeit tired.   I hope to be much cooler in bed tonight.    Tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’!

I noticed that Ferry Road was busy today with, I imagine August Bank Holiday


(England) traffic.   Monday is the actual holiday but some folk will want to make a decent length of weekend and arrive on Friday.

We can expect ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’ tomorrow (the Yellow Warning for thundery showers expires at 09.00).... looks like it could be another bonnie day with interesting clouds.   I’m looking forward to being active.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....